Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 hour ago, babyblue said:

His own abysmal work? What, getting a club promoted form league one and then promoted from the Championship at a canter. I'm a Leicester fan, and the bloke was nothing short of brilliant for us.

I've never felt like the club was in better hands than when he was in charge. He changed the club form top to bottom, not just on the pitch but also off it. He revolutionised the scouting and sports science departments, he doesn't accept things being run badly behind the scenes and will control almost everything. He'd sort you out and give you a great setup to be proud of... if he was given the time to do so, we've profited massively from all the setup he left behind.

The players and almost all the staff absolutely loved him. The person you see in front of the camera is not the person you'd meet in the street, or the one that works with the players. He hates the press, his issues come from that. He can seem boring etc, but it just comes from him not wanting to give anything away. It's all behind closed doors stuff as far as he's concerned, he does it to protect the players.

He's not perfect by any means, tactically he can be frustrating sometimes. He'll stick with tactics and players too long if they aren't working out of loyalty to the players, but he'll get there eventually. What he'll give you though is a young exciting teams, playing with pace and wingers. A team with great spirit that will run through brick walls for each other. You'll feel proud of your club and team again, you'll start the get that affinity with players that you've probably been lacking for some time (we were as well until he came in).

He won't spend money for the sake of it. When he was here it was almost like he treated the money as his own, if he signed someone huge amounts of work went into making sure they were the right people, as well as decent players. They always tried to get "value", that was one of his key words. Scouring the country and Europe for bargains, rather than just chucking millions at the normal names or has beens.

Recruitment is key for Pearson, and that's where the problem is. Steve Walsh, his right hand man is still with us (to anyone wondering why he's not got a job yet, that's why). Will he want to drop down to the championship from a team probably going to be in the champions league... and will you pay the £1m+ that it would take to get him. Without Walsh, I'm not sure I'd have exactly the same faith in Pearson being able to turn you around. With him, I'm positive he could do it.

People need to ignore the shit from last year, that was really blown out of all proportion. He called someone an Ostrich FFS, managers have and will do a damn site worse than that. In all the years he was here, they'd all past of without incident prior to last season, and half of that was all stirred up by the press. Mainly because they hate the fact he is a closed book, he won't give them anything to work with.

Thanx for the insight.

I deal with journo's from time to time, they look for things from what you say for them to be able to make entertainment out of you, your position and the occupation.

I've always felt that Pearson was very aware of what he says to J's. Almost trying to pre-empty what may come of what he says.

I think his "I dont take crap" approach is exactly what we need.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Pat Murphy is an insufferable prick. He thinks he knows better than everyone else apart from MON who he revers. (He can't get his tongue up his MON's arse far enough.) Some of the spats that Murphy gets into with normal fans on twitter are an embarrassment to the BBC

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Yes agree in that case, but he is like that with the press when they arent trying to get a rise.

ah its Pat Murphy, Martin O'Neill media lapdog. actually like Pearson more after that now ;)

3 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

What if Eric Black steps in temporarily and really lifts the team? 

The only way anyone is lifting this team is if they give in to their demands.

No **** surrender I say. Don't give these words removed an inch.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The only way anyone is lifting this team is if they give in to their demands.

No **** surrender I say. Don't give these words removed an inch.

their demands? what are the players official demands?

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

their demands? what are the players official demands?

Never said there were official demands but it's not exactly a secret that down the years the players have resisted attempts by a number of managers to sort things out (e.g. improve fitness).

Just now, Mantis said:

Never said there were official demands but it's not exactly a secret that down the years the players have resisted attempts by a number of managers to sort things out (e.g. improve fitness).

maybe if Garde was man enough and threw them in the reserve team instead of playing them everyweek he might have got an answer. players attitude is no way an excuse for Garde pathetic performances and gutless man management

58 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not really he got them promotion and finished the season very strongly. 

He was as bad as we've been this season for a large part of last season with a squad that is now about to win the premier league.

He gets credit for their promotion, and ultimately keeping them in the league. But his record as a manager is bang average. He's the flavour of the month because of his strong finish to last season, when in reality he should have done a lot better last year with those players, as Ranieri is showing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He was as bad as we've been this season for a large part of last season with a squad that is now about to win the premier league.

He gets credit for their promotion, and ultimately keeping them in the league. But his record as a manager is bang average. He's the flavour of the month because of his strong finish to last season, when in reality he should have done a lot better last year with those players, as Ranieri is showing.

The flip of this is he laid the ground work and development of these players for years and Ranieri is riding the coat tails of this graft. 

We wont really know which it is until next couple of seasons for Leicester or seeing what impact Pearson may have on us. 

Pearson just played the same tactics every week and it miraculously clicked during the final 10 games or so. Really it would have been more impressive if those results had been spread throughout the season rather than a freak run. I don't rate him, at all.

I hope the board are in reality aiming a little higher but wouldn't count on it.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What are you reading lol

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Not a big fan of Grayson but he'd be better than Pearson.

I still don't know why we have to go down the British route though.

has anybody officially said we are getting a British manager. It doesnt matter to me if manager is from Birmingham or Bratislava once they are best man for the job