AVFC accounts 2014/2015

Jareth

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

By the way, didn't this thread begin with a competition to guess the exact profit/loss figure?

Who won?

No one is a winner at Aston Villa

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Neither Delph or Gabby were poorly paid before extensions so I'd like to think it was only a minimal increase.

Well the rumour at the time gabby signed that deal was he took a pay cut

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I really don't understand how it has so bad! Did it say somewhere that merchandising dropped by £17m (or similar) if so how the hell did it drop that much? 

It's mental. I'm at a loss as to how the club has ended up with a wage bill like it is when we signed players like senderos and Richardson that summer

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

It's mental. I'm at a loss as to how the club has ended up with a wage bill like it is when we signed players like senderos and Richardson that summer

Yes me too. I don't understand it. Existing players must have signed massive new contracts like Westwood, Lowton, Guzan et al.

4 hours ago, Risso said:

I don't think that's entirely accurate.  I wouldn't expect him to have had much influence on the commercial side income-wise, coming in as he did halfway through the season, but he was in charge when Lambert was given a new contract after 4 games, and who then sacked him a few months later.  He was also in charge when several serial under-performers were given new contracts as well.  He also appointed Sherwood.  There's also the fact that he appears to have earned £1.2m for 6 months work, which means if he's on double that for the year, he earns 10 times what Faulkner did, and has absolutely ruined us as a club and company.

I don't disagree with much of that, but it's kind of a different point to the one I'm making.

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Hodson saying on radio Wm (don't quote me on accuracy) but we made a 17m loss on the commercial side since Fox joined. Explains why he may be getting the chop end of the season.

Maybe got found out? After all selling the commercial side at Arsenal is a walk in the park compared to selling it at a relegation dodger club surely? Likely not used to having no cards to play!

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Hodson saying on radio Wm (don't quote me on accuracy) but we made a 17m loss on the commercial side since Fox joined. Explains why he may be getting the chop end of the season.

In which case, Fox is a mighty rocket polisher! 

Such huge losses, so many new players in this season, relegation, loss of revenue again off the field this season, the failure to secure the big TV money next year and, don't we also have to start paying back the loans again to Lerner next year? Makes you wonder how far down we are going to fall with Lerner's cock-ups.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mwj said:

Just for clarity:

THESE ARE FIGURES DUE TO PAUL FAULKNER AND ROBIN RUSSELL

THE ACCOUNTS ARE UP TO MAY 2015

Tom Fox has to take a share of the blame.

He was appointed on 21st August 2014 and the accounts are for the year ending on 31st May 2015.

So for over 9 months of the 12 month financial year in question Fox was there.

I agree there is a settling in period but as one of the top paid CEOs in the league you have to hit the ground running.

I'll have a look through the accounts to further digest what looks to be, on the face of it, another Villa shambles.

Lerner night have F****e this club up. But he has kept us afloat putting his own money in for years now. 1% of me has to respect him for that. even though I agree most is of his own doing.

Unless we get a new Billionaire in, we are going nowhere soon.

Even though I agree its time for Lerner to go, unfortunately its looking like that old saying "be careful what we wish for". Bolton says Hi!

Â