AVFC accounts 2014/2015

Jareth

WTF is going on, that was up to the cup final looking at the date, so we stayed up and had that additional cup money.

Our spending in Summer 2014 and 2015 was very modest aswell.

Going to be Armageddon in a years time then if this club even still exists.  

One figure that jumps out at me....

Wages and Salaries.....

2014- 60 406

2015- 74, 321

This was even before the spending this summer, how on earth did staff wages rise by 15K? We signed Senderos, Carlos Sanchez, Richardson, Gil and Joe Cole in that time! Did we not sell anyone that summer, I can't remember? Looks like it was stuff like Man. United making us pay most of Cleverley's wages perhaps for the season.

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Net spend of £17 million last summer - £40 mill received, £57 mill spent.

I can see Hollis' point now....

Yeah continuing my inner Risso....confirmation that we spent £57.1m this season compared to 0.1m the summer before.....

Looks like our the fees for the foreign signings were as high as predicted....Ayew 12m, Traore, 12m etc.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah continuing my inner Risso....confirmation that we spent £57.1m this season compared to 0.1m the summer before.....

Looks like our the fees for the foreign signings were as high as predicted....Ayew 12m, Traore, 12m etc.

The story of Villa, the money was there from Randy, but the people he put in charge to spend it were not good enough. Randy has literally f*cked himself.

Truly staggering numbers if I've understood them!! Wages going up £14m or so BEFORE all the signings this summer?? Fox on £1.2m? Can that be right? More commercial staff but hardly any increase in revenue? I think heads will start to roll now. These figures are a joke. How can we be losing £27m when we get to an FA Cup Final and hardly buy any players?? I hope I've read some of this wrong or we are well and truly f*****. I await the accounts amongst us to put it in plain speak for us!!! 

3 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Truly staggering numbers if I've understood them!! Wages going up £14m or so BEFORE all the signings this summer?? Fox on £1.2m? Can that be right? More commercial staff but hardly any increase in revenue? I think heads will start to roll now. These figures are a joke. How can we be losing £27m when we get to an FA Cup Final and hardly buy any players?? I hope I've read some of this wrong or we are well and truly f*****. I await the accounts amongst us to put it in plain speak for us!!! 

I'm not quite sure what you expect from an FA Cup run? We're not Salford City. Most of the money comes from sponsorship and TV deals these days as you can see in the Turnover section.

The wages are the concerning one. I know Delph signed a new contract last year but who else? Gabby?

Aston Villa’s losses soared to £27.3m in year to May 31, 2015, after its “worst” Premier League season, financial report reveals.

Documents just filed at Companies House show that in the 12 months to the end of May 2015 reveal the woes at the club in the wake of owner Randy Lerner's decision to sell up.

The club remains on the market but, when the documents were compiled, "no active discussions were taking place".

Villa finished 17th in the Premier League in 2014/15, "its worst performance since the creation of the league in 1992", said the report, although the club did reach the FA Cup final under manager Tim Sherwood, who replaced Paul Lambert in February last year.

Mr Sherwood was replaced by current manager Remi Garde in November.

The losses for the club's parent company, Reform Aquisitions, hit £27.3 million compared to £3.9 million the previous year.

Turnover, including £2.5m earned in player transactions, was £115.7m – £1 million less than the previous year.

Villa saw gate receipts for matches rise by £1 million to £13.8m, but TV broadcasting income fell to £71.4m from £72.7m the previous season. Sponsorship income was up, however, to £10.9m from £9.4m. But commercial income from merchandising, royalties and conferences at Villa Park fell £2.7m to £19.4m.

Villa's operating expenses rose by more than £17m to £139.4m, including a £19.7m cost from player transactions. The biggest item was staff costs at the club, including player wages, which rose to £83.8m from £69.3m the year before.

Off the pitch, Paul Faulkner resigned as chief executive of Aston Villa in July 2014, later becoming chief executive of the Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce. He was replaced by Tom Fox in November 2014 with a mandate to develop the club's commercial activities and build resilience into its football organisation.

Investment in these areas started with the appointment of the new manager, a chief commercial office and the restructuring of the senior management team.

15 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

New contracts for Lambert, Grealish and Agbonlahor, along with the payments to Lambert and his backroom staff when he was sacked.

Lower TV money.

Increased player amortization costs, due to the transfers of Sanchez, Cissokho and Gil.

Increased wages due to Cole, Senderos, Cissokho, Gil, Sanchez, Cleverley and Sinclair which is partially offset by Albrighton, Delfounso, El-Ahmadi and Bowery leaving.

So you are in Villa accounts department?  If i was you id be very worried about your job now after that lose :)

This is ridiculous! Somehow we are gradually getting worse in terms of quality on the pitch, but have somehow managed to spend more money to do it. There was me thinking that the hard years would soon be behind us after removing the high earners on the books, and we would be financially in control of things again.

Yet here we are back in the deep stuff again. What the hell are they playing at? Randy truely is a no hoper, with no clue how to run things. Idiots, the lot of them!

• Like 4

Â