AVFC accounts 2014/2015

Jareth

Our basic fundamental flaw is staff costs. Stoke City staff costs are £63 million. Crystal Palaces staff costs in 2014 were £50 million. That's around the level we need to be.We are grossly over staffed and we are paying too much in wages. We cannot generate the level of revenue required to be spending £80 million on wages and we won't ever generate that revenue either. Our wages need to be on a par with Stoke at most. We are over paying everybody in the squad. I think Fox has looked at it the wrong way in trying to increase revenue, it was a piss easy job at the Emirates but it is not the way to run Aston Villa.

Edited by KHV
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

On the face of the P&L account there is a separately disclosed loss on 'Player Transactions which I assume is related to buying and selling players. This amounts to £17,226k.

The £17m figure there includes the £19.6m amortization charge for the year.

18 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Apologies I see your point I had not spotted that the ongoing squad was being amortised through that column in the P&L.

That actually reinforces my original point about the shambles these accounts really are as that suggests not only are we paying players too much relative to our income we are paying too much for them too as our P&L cannot bear the amortisation. Of course one solution to that is to sell them on for more money but sadly our track record on that front is patchy to say the least.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hmm.....we'll see.

The Summer deals referenced at note 27 - The 16.6 mill outgoing of funds - they're exchanged for assets. So, it's like we bought a car - we "lost" the cash for the car, but we gained a car worth exactly the same sum. The outlay is then amortised as the ahem, "car" value reduces over the length of the contract. so it's cashflow out, but not (instant) loss.

56 minutes ago, KHV said:

Our basic fundamental flaw is staff costs. Stoke City staff costs are £63 million. Crystal Palaces staff costs in 2014 were £50 million. That's around the level we need to be.We are grossly over staffed and we are paying too much in wages. We cannot generate the level of revenue required to be spending £80 million on wages and we won't ever generate that revenue either. Our wages need to be on a par with Stoke at most. We are over paying everybody in the squad. I think Fox has looked at it the wrong way in trying to increase revenue, it was a piss easy job at the Emirates but it is not the way to run Aston Villa.

Are you really telling me Bacuna, Westwood, Baker, Hutton and Gabby didn't deserve new contracts?

EDIT : and Joe Bennett.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Are you really telling me Bacuna, Westwood, Baker, Hutton and Gabby didn't deserve new contracts?

EDIT : and Joe Bennett.

No I never said that, what I said is that players are being over paid. Our wage budget is on a par with someone like Crystal Palace or Stoke who are paying £30m less and £20m less per year on wages respectivley. It's clear what our problem is and it's salaries

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see the full breakdown of wages costs, to see where exactly all of this money goes. It is baffling to see how much we spend on wages compared to other clubs, who have acquired better players yet pay less wages out. Sadly, we will never know unless we work in the accounts department at the club.

6 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It would be interesting to see the full breakdown of wages costs, to see where exactly all of this money goes. It is baffling to see how much we spend on wages compared to other clubs, who have acquired better players yet pay less wages out. Sadly, we will never know unless we work in the accounts department at the club.

What's this Rui Pinto fella up to at the moment?

Hacker behind Football Leaks revealed

The man responsible for revealing the details of David de Gea’s failed move to Real Madrid and the stipulations of Gareth Bale’s contract looks to have finally been identified

http://gazzettaworld.gazzetta.it/off-the-ball/football-leaks-rui-pinto/

Can we please get him to hack into our club and get the info.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sne said:

What's this Rui Pinto fella up to at the moment?

Hacker behind Football Leaks revealed

The man responsible for revealing the details of David de Gea’s failed move to Real Madrid and the stipulations of Gareth Bale’s contract looks to have finally been identified

http://gazzettaworld.gazzetta.it/off-the-ball/football-leaks-rui-pinto/

Can we please get him to hack into our club and get the info.

Yes, he would be very handy right now. Can VT stretch to hiring him? :D

6 hours ago, villarocker said:

I am sure Rowan Atkinson in any of his many guises could do a far better job than any of the clowns in suits at Villa Park!

Can we hold a banner that says "Rowan Atkinson for CEO"  ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeilS said:

We are over staffed on the non playing side IMO and we are paying players too much still. Seems we haven't learned a thing, I think too much emphasis especially when you hear Fox speak is on increasing non tv revenue. It's an almost impossible task at Aston Villa given the demographic of the club and our fan base. We will never be popular globally and we will never get people to part with the sort of money that Tottenham and Arsenal etc extort from their customers.

@blandy To clarify, the accounts are a disaster based on our impending relegation. In theory if that were not happening the books would balance next year. But it is. It's happening BECAUSE of the gross mismanagement of the club on a financial level over the past decade, not in spite of it. The only reason he's having to pump money in to the club is through his own negligence and the fans are suffering as a result. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, accountant types - you've seen the figures, based on the accounts for that period, what do you think a reasonable price for this business is?

The potential if the club is run properly is greater than it ever was when he bought as long as we are in the premier league. If he wants £150m for it I would say he is pissing in the wind unless we find a buyer who literally does not have a care in the world like Man City and Chelsea did. I'd say that's unlikely, we have a net debt and at present a negative operational cash flow. They has been some rather creative debt movement done too, Randy has lost millions that there is no doubt, rather a lot in fact. I would be surprised if anybody was prepared to pay any more than £70-85m today unless they were a multi billionaire. I wouldn't expect a new custodian any time soon though.

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

Can we hold a banner that says "Rowan Atkinson for CEO"  ?

I think we already have Baldrick in place!  

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

Nice to see amortization rearing its ugly head again our former chairman was a big fan of it whilst he was at the helm. 

So a review is going on at the moment. Hollis is conducting that review. Ok.

Now what about the important element of football.. you know on the pitch? Who is looking into that? You can argue it all ties in but all I hear from the club is "behind the scenes"

I have no problem with the review, my main concern is on the pitch we are heading to the championship fronted by people who (they themselves) admit they know very little about football.

Hollis can also quite easily get it wrong who will make him accountable? The owner? He wants very little to do with us.

Sad state of affairs.

10 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

So a review is going on at the moment. Hollis is conducting that review. Ok.

Now what about the important element of football.. you know on the pitch? Who is looking into that? You can argue it all ties in but all I hear from the club is "behind the scenes"

I have no problem with the review, my main concern is on the pitch we are heading to the championship fronted by people who (they themselves) admit they know very little about football.

Hollis can also quite easily get it wrong who will make him accountable? The owner? He wants very little to do with us.

Sad state of affairs.

Totally agree. There is talk of Brian Little coming in as a director to control the football aspects of the club (DOF?). 

15 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

There is talk of Brian Little coming in as a director to control the football aspects of the club (DOF?). 

Graham Taylor & Brian Little plus a young dynamic coach sounds great to me

GT DoF

BL Club Manager

coach

Continental set up with the possibility of GT & BL being a stable measured long term rebuild.

Â