AVFC accounts 2014/2015

Jareth

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

What i want to know how the heck Stoke and the likes are spending big money and wages on players and we are going from one disaster to another financially.  We cant keep blaming O'Neills tenure, that was 8 years ago

Not only Stoke etc.Even Bournmouth,Norwich and Watford spent more than us FFS 

19 minutes ago, mwj said:

I was agreeing with you in general, just pointing out that gate receipts are down the list when it comes to revenue generation.

That's why having an increased commercial department and hardly anything to show for an FA Cup run is astonishing. 

54 minutes ago, mwj said:

Just for clarity:

THESE ARE FIGURES DUE TO PAUL FAULKNER AND ROBIN RUSSELL

THE ACCOUNTS ARE UP TO MAY 2015

Ah I did not see that so its before the Delph and Benteke sales 

Accounts don't take into account (lol) anything that Fox may/may not have done at the club and the following arrivals vs. departures:

IN:  Ayew, Amavi, Veretout, Traore, Gueye, Gestede, Sinclair, Lescott, Crespo, Richards, Bunn, Sarkic, Ilori (loan fee)

OUT:  Benteke, Delph, Weimann, Sylla, Lowton, Cole, Given, Bent, Tonev, Luna

Transfermrket (however it gets its figures) has us at a loss of roughly £1.3m purely on transfer fees.

These accounts do help to explain why we basically "only" spent our Benteke/Delph money in the summer, but I'd be willing to guess that the wages for the players "IN" (above) are lower overall than the players "OUT".  Reduced debt as well - all points towards a levelling of the ship and preparing for a sale.  Worst case, Lerner stays and we'll be more stable than these accounts suggest.

I'm concerned, but not massively just yet.  Amazing that we offered a lot of lucrative contracts in a period immediately after cutting down on them, though!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We have been well and truly left behind.

This club is done, we are up there with Sheffield Wednesday and Coventrys on the 'didn't they used to be big?' scale.

What have we been doing?!!!!

We are well on our way to obscurity

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Accounts don't take into account (lol) anything that Fox may/may not have done at the club and the following arrivals vs. departures:

IN:  Ayew, Amavi, Veretout, Traore, Gueye, Gestede, Sinclair, Lescott, Crespo, Richards, Bunn, Sarkic, Ilori (loan fee)

OUT:  Benteke, Delph, Weimann, Sylla, Lowton, Cole, Given, Bent, Tonev, Luna

Transfermrket (however it gets its figures) has us at a loss of roughly £1.3m purely on transfer fees.

These accounts do help to explain why we basically "only" spent our Benteke/Delph money in the summer, but I'd be willing to guess that the wages for the players "IN" (above) are lower overall than the players "OUT".  Reduced debt as well - all points towards a levelling of the ship and preparing for a sale.  Worst case, Lerner stays and we'll be more stable than these accounts suggest.

I'm concerned, but not massively just yet.  Amazing that we offered a lot of lucrative contracts in a period immediately after cutting down on them, though!

You're not massively concerned? In what sense?

You're only allowed a 25 man squad so if you have an average wage of £40k that's about £52m on 1st team wages. How can we then spend 50% roughly again on the rest? Our waste is unbelievable! I think they set 60% as roughly the wage to turnover ratio so ours would be about 65m. Which wouldn't be too bad. It'll be interesting to see how these numbers get explained away. Hopefully a decent journalist will try to get the right people to answer the questions but knowing the crap ones that look after Villa they'll be asking Garde tomorrow!!!! 

6 minutes ago, slowandlow said:

surely the accounts will take into account Fox giving Lambert a new contract then sacking him then appointing Sherwood if it is up to May 2015?

There is an "exceptional item" to the tune of £3.3m in there with the description "net termination and onerous contract costs” which I'm assuming incorporates all that kind of gubbins.

I haven't seen much absolution of Fox yet tbph.  I've seen a lot of thoughts that this could be enough to nail his coffin shut.  Especially given what many are presuming to be his exorbitant wage.

Not good reading - and I'm an accountant. Any business posting figures like this would be set for a massive overhaul (or dare I say it - takeover as a business in distress), but then football clubs are a bit of a unique animal.

Perhaps this explains why Hollis has been brought in though - someone with proven financial pedigree, even if without any background in football.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You're not massively concerned? In what sense?

It's all explained in my post, isn't it?

These accounts don't take into account our summer activity and any new deals that may be in place.  I'm concerned, but not massively.

What I can't get my head round is the increase in wages, year on year. We've been paying our players less and less as the years pass. The wages we offer are no where near competitive compared to other teams in the league. 

So how do we, in comparison, struggle so badly with percentage of wage bill?

Â