AVFC accounts 2014/2015

Jareth

The Swiss Ramble, the absolute best football blog on the planet wrote this about a year ago.

Aston Villa - Lost In The Supermarket

Gabriel%2BAgbonlahor%2B2.jpg

For a club of Aston Villa’s rich history, the past few years have been profoundly depressing, as they have spent most of that time at the wrong end of the Premier League table, desperately trying to avoid relegation. Their managerial merry-go-round has failed to improve matters, merely bringing their own version of doom (Alex McLeish) and gloom (Paul Lambert).

http://swissramble.blogspot.se/search/label/Aston Villa

I can't wait to see what he has to say this year.

Might be worth to get in touch with him to make sure he does make piece on us again.

Going down probably at the worst time possible it seems

How else would villa do it?

Many many examples, my current favourite is first time FA cup runners up got a EL place we finished 6th and didn't qualify, 5 (?) years later they changed it back so 6th got the EL place, we finished runners up and didn't qualify...

The news that away tickets can return to be full price after 3 seasons is pretty much a prophecy as to what we're going to do

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We have been well and truly left behind.

This club is done, we are up there with Sheffield Wednesday and Coventrys on the 'didn't they used to be big?' scale.

What have we been doing?!!!!

Coventry were never big

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Since Lerner took over in 2006, Aston Villa have made total losses of: £251 million.

Not once have we made a profit. 

Crikey.  Lerner proving the quickest way to becoming a millionaire is to be a billionaire and buy a sports team.  It's all very sad reading, though I can never understand the nitty and gritty of these results.

Some of the increase in costs in 2014/2015:

2014                 2015

Wages:                                          £60m                £74m

Player Amortization:                      £18.3m             £19.4m

Directors remuneration:                £455,521          £1.5m       (Fox was paid a total of £1.25m)

Exceptional items:                         £0                      £3.3m      (Lambert's sacking)

6 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Why do you take the small part of a post and make it the focal point? You make out I never even brought up the wage increase. We never signed anybody of any value in the preceding summer. Most signings were on low wages probably appearance based. Delph signed a new contract in January he was being paid by us before then and on a reported 60k a week so I doubt his increase or for that matter Gabbys would have much affect on the wage bill. As for the FA Cup the prize money is not that much a couple of million but we did actually play games to get there that generated gate receipts so the FA Cup run was probably worth 4-5m as a low estimate. We never seem to grow our revenue so what is going on? We've been stuck circa 110m for years!!! 

We were on TV for all FA cup ties from 5th round onwards so imagine we got a bit from that, better than being knocked out in 3rd round as in previous year anyway.

Interesting to remember what the club said this time last year, when announcing a £3.9m loss for 2013-4.

"We are very pleased to be able to report improved results after a period of heavy financial losses.

"By controlling costs we have been able to take advantage of the new Premier League broadcasting deal to bring the club closer to self-sufficiency.

"Compliance with Financial Fair Play continues to be a key component of our planning and we remain focused on growing the club in a responsible and sustainable way."

Looks like the Promised Land slipped a little further away in 2014-5.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Some of the increase in costs in 2014/2015:

2014                 2015

Wages:                                          £60m                £74m

Player Amortization:                      £18.3m             £19.4m

Directors remuneration:                £455,521          £1.5m       (Fox was paid a total of £1.25m)

Exceptional items:                         £0                      £3.3m      (Lambert's sacking)

Just incredible Wages went up by 14m considering who we signed that summer, Cole, Sanchez, Cissokho, Senderos Richadson.

I really do think Man. United made us pay most of Cleverley's wages, that would account for a hefty sum.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just incredible Wages went up by 14m considering who we signed that summer, Cole, Sanchez, Cissokho, Senderos Richadson.

I really do think Man. United made us pay most of Cleverley's wages, that would account for a hefty sum.

There were also new contracts for the likes of Agbonlahor and Delph too.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'm pretty sure that was in and around the time we started signing a lot of our existing players to improved long-term contracts who were beginning to get close to having 1 year left.  It's one of the things the board were praised for, because the brinksmanship of leaving discussions into the final year of a contract had burned us before.  The wage bill isn't the problem.  The problem is the other figures aren't high enough to allow for it.  We've a fairly decent Premier League wage bill on fairly embarrassing Premier League revenues.

Signing the wrong players up whilst Delph's was allowed to run down.

Oh and let's not forget that Fox was always jetting off to talk with Lerner, Faulkner too. Lerner was the decision maker. Once again it comes down to him being very **** bad at making the right choice.

Â