AVFC accounts 2014/2015

Jareth

Fox absolutely has to go now these figures are appalling and show going down is going to completlely **** us.

We will have nothing to spend next season , now we see why rumours of french players going has come from.Clearly we will have to sell most of them just to reduce loses to comply with FFP in championship.

Randy you utter moron

Bad signs.

As has been said, you can't raise wages by 20% and then find yourself 9 points from safety with 10 games to play, especially when it comes to losing all of that lovely TV money this coming summer.

Decisions have been absolutely abhorrent from all the top dogs at the top.  Looks like we won't be keeping any of the half decent players we have currently have because they'll be flogged to limit our inevitably huge losses again next year.

Right, so Lerner can expect about £30m for the club now, the price is only going one way Lerner, take what you can and run!

Could someone please explain roughly the breakdown of losses? Is it a physical loss of £27 mill or is it to do with paper losses due to amortisation etc ? 

I work at Oxford United FC and was talking to the chairman this morning regarding this and he tried to explain it to me that it could be due to a number of factors all way above my head. He offered to go through the report when he has time to break it down to kindergarten level. But basically he was saying it looks bad on paper but these figures can be distorted and easily misconstrued so may not be as financially **** as we look. 

Guys, these figures are up to MAY 2015!

Those being so quick to blame Fox for this are being a bit harsh as he wasn't appointed until halfway through that year.

Worryingly, it also doesn't include our summer signings

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Guys, these figures are up to MAY 2015!

Those being so quick to blame Fox for this are being a bit harsh as he wasn't appointed until halfway through that year.

Worryingly, it also doesn't include our summer signings

OK will only blame him for 14 mill of the loses. 

Summer signings shouldnt matter as we werent out much after selling benteke and Delph and we also got rid of alot of high earners in 4 or 5 players to compensate the wages for players brought in. 

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

But basically he was saying it looks bad on paper but these figures can be distorted and easily misconstrued so may not be as financially **** as we look. 

Correct and alot of people are missing the fact that it's the accounts up to the end of May last year. No summer transfers or wages changes would be included.

• Like 1

This is what I've been saying for ages, we can blame Lerner for a lot, but we cannot blame him for not spending. 

This also shows why we weren't able to spend more than we made this summer, which a lot of people have been screaming for the club to do. Shambles. I am quite scared we will become the new Bolton. 

• Like 1

When the premier league is the richest league in the world, and is a cash cow for most clubs;

when you have run the club under austerity measures, for the best part of 4 years;

when you have world class facilities and commercial opportunities;

Then you must be a really special kind of T.WAT to run a club that posts financial results like that.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Could someone please explain roughly the breakdown of losses? Is it a physical loss of £27 mill or is it to do with paper losses due to amortisation etc ? 

I work at Oxford United FC and was talking to the chairman this morning regarding this and he tried to explain it to me that it could be due to a number of factors all way above my head. He offered to go through the report when he has time to break it down to kindergarten level. But basically he was saying it looks bad on paper but these figures can be distorted and easily misconstrued so may not be as financially **** as we look. 

The balance sheet looks a lot healthier than the P&L account.

I've only looked at it quicker, but it appears debt has been slashed and probably further points towards Lerner prepping a sale.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

We have millions in the bank and majority of our debt is owned to Lerner we are no where near a Leeds or Portsmouth

The problem is that he will want it back, or as much if it as possible, to enable a sale.

Just for clarity:

THESE ARE FIGURES DUE TO PAUL FAULKNER AND ROBIN RUSSELL

THE ACCOUNTS ARE UP TO MAY 2015

Edited by mwj
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, mwj said:

Just for clarity:

THESE ARE FIGURES DUE TO PAUL FAULKNER AND ROBIN RUSSELL

THE ACCOUNTS ARE UP TO MAY 2015

Yes and it appears Fox and his cohorts have gone one step further by getting us relegated.

2 hours ago, mwj said:

I'm not quite sure what you expect from an FA Cup run? We're not Salford City. Most of the money comes from sponsorship and TV deals these days as you can see in the Turnover section.

The wages are the concerning one. I know Delph signed a new contract last year but who else? Gabby?

Why do you take the small part of a post and make it the focal point? You make out I never even brought up the wage increase. We never signed anybody of any value in the preceding summer. Most signings were on low wages probably appearance based. Delph signed a new contract in January he was being paid by us before then and on a reported 60k a week so I doubt his increase or for that matter Gabbys would have much affect on the wage bill. As for the FA Cup the prize money is not that much a couple of million but we did actually play games to get there that generated gate receipts so the FA Cup run was probably worth 4-5m as a low estimate. We never seem to grow our revenue so what is going on? We've been stuck circa 110m for years!!! 

58 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Bad signs.

As has been said, you can't raise wages by 20% and then find yourself 9 points from safety with 10 games to play, especially when it comes to losing all of that lovely TV money this coming summer.

Decisions have been absolutely abhorrent from all the top dogs at the top.  Looks like we won't be keeping any of the half decent players we have currently have because they'll be flogged to limit our inevitably huge losses again next year.

Right, so Lerner can expect about £30m for the club now, the price is only going one way Lerner, take what you can and run!

The wage rise is for last year not this year that's a big worry for me!!! 

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Why do you take the small part of a post and make it the focal point? You make out I never even brought up the wage increase. We never signed anybody of any value in the preceding summer. Most signings were on low wages probably appearance based. Delph signed a new contract in January he was being paid by us before then and on a reported 60k a week so I doubt his increase or for that matter Gabbys would have much affect on the wage bill. As for the FA Cup the prize money is not that much a couple of million but we did actually play games to get there that generated gate receipts so the FA Cup run was probably worth 4-5m as a low estimate. We never seem to grow our revenue so what is going on? We've been stuck circa 110m for years!!! 

I was agreeing with you in general, just pointing out that gate receipts are down the list when it comes to revenue generation.

What i want to know how the heck Stoke and the likes are spending big money and wages on players and we are going from one disaster to another financially.  We cant keep blaming O'Neills tenure, that was 8 years ago

• Like 2

Â