The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

A customs union and not ending FoM would be ideal Dem, but then we have to ask ourselves. 

What was the point? We ‘leave’ but we still follow their rules with no way of our own. All of this reputational destruction, division, toxic rhetoric for nothing; for less than nothing  

Leave/remain was an unbelievably destructive way of framing the question  

Yeah fair point mate but out of all the options considered its the bets choice. Keeps us close to EU and technically takes us out of the EU without a complete and Utter catastrophe. 

People will moan but I think majority will secretly be happy with that deal. For me three votes I think they should have another vote on that option and of that goes through take that deal to the EU. 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Just for the record as it seems to have been missed. I Don't think it makes much difference

We see a sneaky Mr. Rat leaving the sinking ship in the darkness of night,  on entering the cold water he is immediately overwhelmed and a quite concerned,  all he can see is sinking ships on fire or slowly being pulled under.  Oh dear Mr Rat. 

The Labour MPs who voted against or abstained on the referendum

That's Labour's whip meaning sod all then. Parties no longer exist or mean anything. Party discipline now means nothing, there is no collective responsibility on either side of the house

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

Next vote put to MPs should be  , leave with no deal or revoke article 50  , it's where we're heading so we may as well know and have some time to adjust . 

I predict a majority for the noes on both votes. 

You couldn't get a majority of MPs to confirm the sky is blue. 

1 hour ago, snowychap said:
1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

We see a sneaky Mr. Rat leaving the sinking ship in the darkness of night

To be fair, he announced it on the floor of the House of Commons. ;)

Luckily for him he was picked up by a ship scanning for migrant Rat's called the HMS Metaphorical.  He is cold, wet and scared  but he will be OK.😏

42 minutes ago, snowychap said:

If those abstentions actually voted we would at least have clear majority one way or the other. Looking at those figures, I think at least one of those options would actually pass. I find it absolutely hysterical though that parliament cannot even agree to give itself more power, despite that's where the ultimate sovereignty lies!

Party politics are broken. Given people vote for a party rather than the person, a general election is going to cause havoc. No one is going to know who they are actually voting for. I think we are going into a period of (even more) political turmoil. The only possible upside is that there is talk of significant political reform so we put this 2 party system to bed. 

47 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Given people vote for a party rather than the person

a) They don't, if they do, that's their own fault

b) The whole concept of a political party is currently dead, collective responsibility, lack of effective leadership and the two main parties bereft of clear policy proves as much

• Like 1

Â