The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Elton John was just on the news, he’s had a chat with the culture secretary about what can be done for musicians wanting to tour Europe without so much cost and red tape.

Not a lot was probably the answer/outcome.

• Haha 1

Thread on Gove's letter to Sefcovic, but with the depressing denouement...

I mean, if the Commission is going to give the scumbags in our Government the opportunity, they can't really be blamed for trying to take it.

• Sad 1

WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING STOP IT AT ONCE GET THE CHAMPAGNE OUT YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS DAY FOREVER

Big big news:

The preferential trading terms it secures will enable British business to trade as they did before 1 January 2021.'

'Preferential trading terms', no less!

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING STOP IT AT ONCE GET THE CHAMPAGNE OUT YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS DAY FOREVER

Big big news:

The preferential trading terms it secures will enable British business to trade as they did before 1 January 2021.'

'Preferential trading terms', no less!

If this means there is an increased chance Eliza Dushku comes to the UK then I'm all for it. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I posted something similar a while ago, but the cognitive dissonance from tories and general union flag waving hypocrites making arguments about Scoxit (not gonna catch on that, is it?) that apply equally to Brexit is going to be hilarious.

That's before you add in to the mix that "sovereignty" of Scotland is actually a legitimate argument. They never vote tory, they keep getting a tory government. I can absolutely see why in those circumstances, sovereignty might come ahead of economic arguments, whereas it really was just a nonsense for Brexit. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I posted something similar a while ago, but the cognitive dissonance from tories and general union flag waving hypocrites making arguments about Scoxit (not gonna catch on that, is it?) that apply equally to Brexit is going to be hilarious.

That's before you add in to the mix that "sovereignty" of Scotland is actually a legitimate argument. They never vote tory, they keep getting a tory government. I can absolutely see why in those circumstances, sovereignty might come ahead of economic arguments, whereas it really was just a nonsense for Brexit. 

As we found out with Brexit, these things don’t get decided on pragmatism or economic rationalism. It’s purely down to base emotions. Hence I think Scotch Eggsit is looking like a pretty sure bet. 

Â