The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

18 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Even if you were generous and halved those percentage losses and put that half down to covid those are devastating figures. 

I'd be interested to see if there are any figures for exports outside of the EU, because I'd expect covid to have had a bigger impact than Brexit, personally, but it's just a hunch rather than based on any data.

3 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Whys the £going up?

Because the UK is steaming ahead of most nations in the vaccination stakes and likely to get back to normal life ahead of most other nations, particularly in Europe. 

On 26/03/2021 at 18:09, Genie said:

January is probably a bit misleading because of the massive issues at the ports.

It'll be a disaster I’m sure, but maybe March / April will be a better reflection.

There was also a massive rush to stock up in December (remember those truck queues) to avoid the need to deal with trade post brexit in January. As you say we’ll need to wait until things settle out before we can assess properly. Northern Ireland still has to come into play as well when their grace period ends. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s a double whammy as these thick bastards are now back in the UK.

It reads as a parody!

15 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s a double whammy as these thick bastards are now back in the UK.

Look at the degenerates in that photo coming over to the EU and plastering their flags everywhere. I am not a racist but if you move to this Great Union the least you could do is learn the bloody language.

• Like 4

The defining quote for a lot of the **** at home and abroad.

yes I voted leave, but I didn’t think it would come to this”.

Yes they have to accept some responsibility but you also have to lay blame at the non-existent remain campaign. 

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

It wasn't non-existent, it just wasn't promoted by the pro-Brexit press. The Leave campaign were given free reign by that press to lie, lie and lie again unchallenged. Every legal challenge was made by "activist lawyers" etc. Everytime someone pointed out the issues that would occur, it was derided in the press as Project Fear The remain campaign made mistakes, for sure but remember even as the polls closed the Leave campaign thought they'd lost, so it really wasn't that non-existent.

Quite right, non-existent was the wrong phrase. It was weak.

As the Prime minister was pro-remain it really shouldn’t have been the case that the risk associated with leaving weren’t considered realistic. Cameron had the biggest pedestal of all to push his message home, failed.

The arguments about trade, obviously weak but you know people could believe that leaving the EU would open up a world of opportunity elsewhere. Still waiting on that...

What I don’t understand is why these idiots LIVING in the EU would vote leave? They were just so arrogant that they thought they could do absolutely anything and be untouchable. Same as business leaders who rely on the EU for trade who voted leave. They are getting nothing short of what they deserve.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

What I don’t understand is why these idiots LIVING in the EU would vote leave? They were just so arrogant that they thought they could do absolutely anything and be untouchable. 

To be fair, the overwhelming majority didn't. 

• Like 1

Bit more on the Brits having to leave Spain.

BRIT expats have told how they are packing their bags and quitting Spain to avoid being deemed illegal immigrants in the wake of Brexit.

The news comes amid claims police in the Costas are planning to deport up to 500 British citizens in the very first week after March 31.

Those who have not applied for resident status must now return home to the UK within days when their 90-day legal stay status expires.

If a Brit wishes to forgo legal registration - or is rejected - they must leave Spain by Wednesday or risk bring seen as an illegal immigrant.

:snip:

Link (warning it’s the s*n)

3 hours ago, bickster said:

It wasn't non-existent, it just wasn't promoted by the pro-Brexit press. The Leave campaign were given free reign by that press to lie, lie and lie again unchallenged. Every legal challenge was made by "activist lawyers" etc. Everytime someone pointed out the issues that would occur, it was derided in the press as Project Fear The remain campaign made mistakes, for sure but remember even as the polls closed the Leave campaign thought they'd lost, so it really wasn't that non-existent.

The leave group essentially had better slogans.

To be fair there hasn't been one calamity highlighted on these very pages since Brexit which wasn't clearly spelled out by the remain campaign. It's just that Leave said it wouldn't happen with nothing to back up why and people chose to believe them. 

Project Fear and all that.  As the saying goes a lie will run twice round the world before the truth has got it's boots on. 

I do wonder how much was that remain was mainly being trumpeted by The Government and Leave was trumpeted by a beer swilling maverick.  As can be seen on other pages on here there is a big assumption by a lot of people that anything the Government backs is basically an attempt to harm you in some way. 

Â