The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

10 minutes ago, snowychap said:

EU getting upset about the UK taking unilateral action about the Irish border without consulting them... 

1457-C614-C547-424-E-ACAD-0-A5-FF09-E1-A

(I appreciate 2 wrongs don’t make a right, just slightly amusing).

Maybe we can say we clicked the wrong button or something.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

EU getting upset about the UK taking unilateral action about the Irish border without consulting them... 

1457-C614-C547-424-E-ACAD-0-A5-FF09-E1-A

Nope, not really.

Edit: Though doubtless it will be viewed that way and put that way by too many people.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm confused, I was told it was a triumphant agreement that we should celebrate, why do we need to break it?

Also tons better than what May was proposing. 

Derbyshire cheese maker upset at £180 post-Brexit Stilton fee

One of the few dairies allowed to make Stilton said it has had to stop sales to the European Union (EU) since Brexit.

Hartington Creamery at Pikehall, Derbyshire, said the paperwork needed for each order was costing too much.

It added, however, that sales have "surged" in the US and Canada.

The government said it was working closely with traders adjusting to the new arrangements. 

Simon Spurrell, the director of Hartington Creamery, said each parcel, pallet or container of Stilton required a veterinary surgeon certificate costing £180 per destination.

With the average online order costing just £30, he said there was "absolutely no way" they could continue with what was a lucrative online sales business before Brexit.

"About 20% of our overall online turnover was with the EU," he said.

"We've had that completely and utterly wiped off overnight."

Link

Another one that fell through the gaps of the incredible trade deal.

In revenge for the DUP having been given what the DUP voted for, the DUP intend to stop the Irish Language Act until the DUP get what they want.

I wonder if at any point, at the end of a quiet evening, any of them sit there, with a glass of whiskey and think to themselves ‘well we **** this up’?

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I wonder if at any point, at the end of a quiet evening, any of them sit there, with a glass of whiskey and think to themselves ‘well we **** this up’?

That would require a significant number of collective braincells and the DUP are nowhere near the required threshold

17 hours ago, bickster said:

They need us more than we need them....

93q866p5g7p61.jpg

17 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Even if you were generous and halved those percentage losses and put that half down to covid those are devastating figures. 

What a couple of doom merchants you are. Come one, what's that up your sleeve?  Show us the chart of all the massive increases in exports which dwarf those losses to Brazil, India, Australia etc.  

We must surely be creaming it in now? I hear they love a bit of Red Leicester in Uraguay.  And don't tell me we're not shipping millions of tons of beef to Argentina.

No?

• Like 2

Â