The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

53 minutes ago, Enda said:

Au contraire (as we say in Europe).

If you sign deals on worse terms, it might mean you've surrendered on a few points the EU wouldn't stand for. I think a(nother) country leaving the UK will happen before Brentry.

It’s gotta be “Brejoin” hasn’t it?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Breturn. 

Great Breturn. I like it.

Except yiz aren't coming back anytime soon. The great "dominos falling" predictions of Italy, Greece, Netherlands going to leave the EU was five years ago now. Remember when everyone was predicting the collapse of the euro in 2010? That was a decade ago. We might see the UK looking to rejoin in twenty years.

• Like 1

Reckon this is going to be a pretty recurrent theme over the next year. Didn't think it would arrive so quickly though.

Sympathy for people who this has screwed over:

Quickly turning into trying to remain sympathetic when five years ago they were trying to screw over other people:

Erods1FXcAAdWir?format=jpg&name=900x900

(since deleted, hence not linking the original)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Reckon this is going to be a pretty recurrent theme over the next year. Didn't think it would arrive so quickly though.

Quickly turning into trying to remain sympathetic when five years ago they were trying to screw over other people:

It blows my mind that in the face of studies saying this would likely happen people still risked their livelihoods and voted leave.

If that wasn't bad enough, Banbury was in tier 4 on Christmas Eve.

"Stay at home" unless you're a government minister, and prefer to help establish a local superspreader event rather than scrutinising the most important document you'll see see in your career that directly affects your ministerial portfolio". Bit wordy, but I'm sure that's would have been on Boris' podium if it fit.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If that wasn't bad enough, Banbury was in tier 4 on Christmas Eve.

"Stay at home" unless you're a government minister, and prefer to help establish a local superspreader event rather than scrutinising the most important document you'll see see in your career that directly affects your ministerial portfolio". Bit wordy, but I'm sure that's would have been on Boris' podium if it fit.

She also supports fox hunting, is married to a lawyer and looks like a fish.

She also has 4 names.

Classic Tory right there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

She also supports fox hunting, is married to a lawyer and looks like a fish.

She also has 4 names.

Classic Tory right there.

Would’nt 

That’s how bad 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

On 13/01/2021 at 19:25, ml1dch said:

It gets even better.

I'm not even going to go down the "we told you so" road as that doesn't get us anywhere. We are where we are and we've just got to make the best of a shitty situation...but don't blame that shitty situation on those that told you it would be a shitty situation.

I know it's early days and we'll adjust to the new rules (and those that don't will go out of business) but someone needs to do some analysis on these people who refuse to acknowledge they've been tricked/lied to/hoodwinked. It's really interesting psychology. Do they think admitting it would be akin to admitting they're stupid?

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

It gets even better.

EroEqy4WMAEleUE.thumb.jpg.50378f374b246a4c293a76de5866417e.jpg

I'm not even going to go down the "we told you so" road as that doesn't get us anywhere. We are where we are and we've just got to make the best of a shitty situation...but don't blame that shitty situation on those that told you it would be a shitty situation.

I know it's early days and we'll adjust to the new rules (and those that don't will go out of business) but someone needs to do some analysis on these people who refuse to acknowledge they've been tricked/lied to/hoodwinked. It's really interesting psychology. Do they think admitting it would be akin to admitting they're stupid?

It's what we all predicted all along.

It'll go to shit like we all said it would go to shit. But nobody is ever going to admit they were wrong. It'll all get blamed on the EU or the government or remainers. The latter of which is utterly laughable

I'll be honest, I'm just enjoying the schadenfreude now. I'll lose out a bit by paying more and having reduced opportunity among the constant minor inconveniences, we all will, but I'm fairly secure and well prepared, so I'm going to eat popcorn, put my feet up, and enjoy the reactions of the turkeys who finally realise they've voted for Christmas.

• Like 3

Feel the sovereignty. Have you ever felt so free and independent? Driving through their own country and "papers please" :crylaugh:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/british-lorry-drivers-fined-kent-access-permit-brexit-192425396.html

Hundreds of British lorry drivers have been given £300 fines for not having a permit to enter Kent - a measure brought in due to Brexit.

Police have handed out a total of 407 penalties since the new rules came into effect when the UK stopped being under EU rules on 1 January.

Hauliers travelling from around the UK heading to France have to get a Kent Access Permit before entering the county so they can carry on their way via the Port of Dover or Eurotunnel.

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The country has zero chance when papers print flat out lies.

It is kind of petty to take the drivers lunch sandwiches. It seems the Dutch are the only country interpreting the regulations in this way and I don't really see the benefit in doing it. 

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It is kind of petty to take the drivers lunch sandwiches. It seems the Dutch are the only country interpreting the regulations in this way and I don't really see the benefit in doing it. 

Is it petty of Australian or US customs when they do the exact same thing?

Â