The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

12 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Listen to the absolute state of this bollocks. Those fisherfolk voted for this word removed and similar mealy-mouthed nonsense -

British fish being happier, my goodness

And look how **** happy he is with himself.

Arsehole

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am really taken aback about them nicking all our sandwiches.  Bearing in mind they need us more than we need them you would think they would at least let us keep our snacks. 

It's actually kind of shocking that they aren't handing us free local delicacies as we arrive just to keep us sweet really. 

I'm starting to get the beginning of an inkling that the Brexiteers weren't 100% truthful with us. I'm sure it's nothing though, probably a misunderstanding that Boris will attend to post haste. 

We need to remind Johnny Foreigner about the Great in Great Britain.  Those Dutch should go back to smoking their week and fingering dikes.  They'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for us. 

That this is barely parody at this point is the most depressing thought.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Arsehole

Don't see the issue. Given we've got nowhere to sell them so we're catching fewer of them, I except your average British fish is pretty chuffed with their situation right now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Arsehole

Did you miss the cough and the “winker” (not actually winker, but similar sounding word) at the end?

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Did you miss the cough and the “winker” (not actually winker, but similar sounding word) at the end?

Nope! Doesn't change the fact he is a complete arsehole before the cough.

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

So obviously no one is flying at the moment ...

I was in Isleworth earlier this week, directly under the flight path.

Planes were coming in every few minutes for the three hours I was there. I’ve presumed they weren’t flying empty aircraft around.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Planes were coming in every few minutes for the three hours I was there. I’ve presumed they weren’t flying empty aircraft around.

But the airports must remain open for economic reasons apparently.

Because I don’t speak to people all over the world every day from my kitchen........I can only assume the government haven’t heard of zoom, or teams or Skype......

And when they say ‘for economic reasons’ what they actually mean is so that Instagram ‘influencers’ can jet back and forth from Dubai.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But the airports must remain open for economic reasons apparently.

Because I don’t speak to people all over the world every day from my kitchen........I can only assume the government haven’t heard of zoom, or teams or Skype......

And when they say ‘for economic reasons’ what they actually mean is so that Instagram ‘influencers’ can jet back and forth from Dubai.

Air Freight in the UK is worth 930m so it is important to keep the airports open. People? Thats a different matter.  

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s mainly cargo/freight flights at the moment apparently (though there would be a small number of people still flying) 

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s mainly cargo/freight flights at the moment apparently (though there would be a small number of people still flying) 

Yep, I know there’s cargo.

But in the last hour there have been 2 flights in from Portugal to Terminal 2. It would be interesting to see how much cargo usually comes from Portugal to T2.

Nothing to do with the travel ban coming in in a few hours time, I’m sure. 

Edited by chrisp65

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, I know there’s cargo.

But in the last couple of hours there have been 5 flights in from Portugal to Terminal 2. It would be interesting to see how much cargo usually comes from Portugal to T2.

Nothing to do with the travel ban coming in in a few hours time, I’m sure. 

I tried to find some reference to get an idea on passenger flight numbers and found a report from Brussels airport that said there was only 13% of what there was last year in December but cargo flights are up 41% compared with usual.

Passenger numbers have probably decreased further in January now we’re passed the holidays and most countries are applying further lockdown restrictions or barring Britains from holidaying there all together. 

It will be interesting to see how the new custom rules all unfold when big numbers start heading to Europe again for summer holidays etc

In December, the number of flight movements decreased by 64 per cent on December 2019 to  total to 6,308 movements. Passenger flights dropped by 77 per cent, whereas in the same month, cargo flights increased by 41 per cent. The number of additional flights carried out with passenger aircraft configured to carry all cargo is on the up, whereas the number of night flights or noisier wide-bodies remained unchanged.  

https://www.stattimes.com/news/brussels-airports-cargo-volumes-grow-by-2-in-2020-air-cargo/

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Funny how language evolves. They used to be called hookers in my day. 

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Only the ones with Onlyfans accounts too..........

I don’t understand onlyfans. How is there enough people willing to pay money for naked chicks when there’s billions of naked chicks for free on the internet already? 

Â