The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

I just read through a load of the comments on BJ’s official Facebook page.

So, so many people are adamant that the EU are huge bully and we should cut absolutely all ties with them.

Quite a few thinking we should buy a load of boats to sink any attempts to fish out waters.

Most go with immediately breaking away from any negotiations.

Not many seem to grasp the bit about needing money, business, jobs. Literally no mention of that stuff.

• Like 1

I was having a discussion with someone elsewhere who claimed to be a former remain voter, who had now changed their mind and is glad we've leaving because of the unfairness and incompetence of the EU.

From where I'm sitting, it's the UK government wanting the impossible which keeps causing the problems. I'd love to hear some honest arguments with examples of what the EU are supposed to have done wrong - and I don't mean in general, I don't agree with everything the EU has ever done, but specifically in terms of how they're treating the UK in these negotiations.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was having a discussion with someone elsewhere who claimed to be a former remain voter, who had now changed their mind and is glad we've leaving because of the unfairness and incompetence of the EU.

From where I'm sitting, it's the UK government wanting the impossible which keeps causing the problems. I'd love to hear some honest arguments with examples of what the EU are supposed to have done wrong.

Didn’t they try and make bananas straight once those bonkers bureaucrats from Brussels

I know what's gonna happen!

This is all an elaborate ruse.

We're getting more and more information that this is a shitty poo-poo sandwich.  Even some of the brexiteers are saying "WE DAY VOTE 4 DIS!". 

Boris is a genius!

Dec 31st, Boris comes to the stand, in front of 100s of camera, with shitty/pissy stained trousers, a string vest, unbrushed teeth, huge bags under his eyes and immaculate hair..

"...*cough cough*.....*cough cough splutter*  (takes swig of gin from bottle in brown bag) this.. is shit... we can't do **** anything... we thought our fisheries were the ace in the hole... we sent our entire naval fleet of 4 tugboats to guard the waters and bloody... Macaroon and Merkin just laughed... (another swig).... Is this really what you bastards wanted? ...... I didn't... I mean yea, I ran the "Leave" campaign, but that was only for a joke... Then Labour sent us Corbyn to "fight" and even me running away the from **** cameras and hiding in fridges was enough to defeat that husk of a dickhead because all you morons voted for me.... *big phlemgy-cough* (another swig)... and well.... here we are...

...we've got 2 hours until Jan 1st.... just imagine how shit it'll be not being able to buy pizza's anymore you thicko's!...  I'm pretty hungry actually... Anyway.. what you idiots reckon?... Shall we have a vote on whether we actually want "no deal" or not?..... Spack-ron and Gherkin said they'd give us one more chance.... what you reckon?... shall we just stay?... (vomits over self)... I'll go tell em' we'll stay.... *stumbles from stand, tripping over mic cable* (vomits more) *mumbles Royal Britannia until he falls asleep on the floor* (few more spews of vomit).

FIN 

Everything returns to pre 2016 and we just bomb Cheltenham, Gloucester and the Cotswalds, whilst turning the entire populace of the North East into slaves for eternity and we just dig really deep and push Wales away with our feet, far, far into the Atlantic Ocean. :wave:

hwyl fawr i chi bastardiaid

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I know what's gonna happen!

This is all an elaborate ruse.

We're getting more and more information that this is a shitty poo-poo sandwich.  Even some of the brexiteers are saying "WE DAY VOTE 4 DIS!". 

Boris is a genius!

Dec 31st, Boris comes to the stand, in front of 100s of camera, with shitty/pissy stained trousers, a string vest, unbrushed teeth, huge bags under his eyes and immaculate hair..

"...*cough cough*.....*cough cough splutter*  (takes swig of gin from bottle in brown bag) this.. is shit... we can't do **** anything... we thought our fisheries were the ace in the hole... we sent our entire naval fleet of 4 tugboats to guard the waters and bloody... Macaroon and Merkin just laughed... (another swig).... Is this really what you bastards wanted? ...... I didn't... I mean yea, I ran the "Leave" campaign, but that was only for a joke... Then Labour sent us Corbyn to "fight" and even me running away the from **** cameras and hiding in fridges was enough to defeat that husk of a dickhead because all you morons voted for me.... *big phlemgy-cough* (another swig)... and well.... here we are...

...we've got 2 hours until Jan 1st.... just imagine how shit it'll be not being able to buy pizza's anymore you thicko's!...  I'm pretty hungry actually... Anyway.. what you idiots reckon?... Shall we have a vote on whether we actually want "no deal" or not?..... Spack-ron and Gherkin said they'd give us one more chance.... what you reckon?... shall we just stay?... (vomits over self)... I'll go tell em' we'll stay.... *stumbles from stand, tripping over mic cable* (vomits more) *mumbles Royal Britannia until he falls asleep on the floor* (few more spews of vomit).

FIN 

Everything returns to pre 2016 and we just bomb Cheltenham, Gloucester and the Cotswalds, whilst turning the entire populace of the North East into slaves for eternity and we just dig really deep and push Wales away with our feet, far, far into the Atlantic Ocean. :wave:

hwyl fawr i chi bastardiaid

Eaten 1st-11th of your advent calendar in one go laps?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

His next, foaming at the mouth tweet was better

UKTV removes classic 'Don't mention the war' Fawlty Towers episode : CityAM

If he's going down the ancient history route I would imagine the French are quite keen to screw us over because they're probably still mad at us for flicking the V's at them at Agincourt. 

605 years they've been waiting for revenge, it's best served cold they say. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

If he's going down the ancient history route I would imagine the French are quite keen to screw us over because they're probably still mad at us for flicking the V's at them at Agincourt. 

605 years they've been waiting for revenge, it's best served cold they say. 

Apropos of nothing, a hundred years ago this week British forces burned down Cork.

Brexiteers’ constant comparisons to war are really something. Like Gareth (or Dwight) in The Office.

8 hours ago, snowychap said:

On the deal (WA) v deal (future FTA) discussion, the excerpt in the Sky News clip commented on by Lewis Goodall is perhaps slightly clearer and, amazingly, a little bit closer to the truth than Johnson would have wanted to get (even allowing for the attempted conflations and the 'guarantees'):

"Can you absolutely promise that you will get your trade deal done by the end of December?"

"WE ALREADY HAVE A DEAL!"

Even if the "oven ready deal" was technically referring to the WA (I'm still not convinced) it's pretty clear Johnson has been happy to not just let people believe it referred to a trade deal, but explicitly tell them it did.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even if the "oven ready deal" was technically referring to the WA (I'm still not convinced) it's pretty clear Johnson has been happy to not just let people believe it referred to a trade deal, but explicitly tell them it did.

Me either, but to be fair, that’s kind of what snowy has been saying. The minutiae of whether he was lying about this or that is irrelevant. He was lying. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, blandy said:

Me either, but to be fair, that’s kind of what snowy has been saying. The minutiae of whether he was lying about this or that is irrelevant. He was lying. 

Yeah agreed. Sorry my post wasn't meant to be contrary to Snowy's. Just using it to refer back to the original conversation.

Either Johnson lied about there being an oven ready trade deal, or he lied to make it seem like the oven ready WA also meant a trade deal was done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Looks like we're willing to start a war over fishing, cool.

Spend 5 minute scrolling through this lunatic's tweets. It really is quite a treat.

And the bloke was born in Warsaw to two polish parents, but now thinks No Deal is ace. It's like he thinks he's got to really bang the jingoistic drum so he fits in.

In 2016, Kawczynski was distinguished as an "Outstanding Pole Abroad of 2016" for his efforts in promoting trade and political relations between the United Kingdom and his country of birth

:crylaugh:

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

Â