The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

If you believe the tories (I know, lol), as soon as this is over, we can finally start attracting investment in to the UK :) 

The complete undermining of Just In Time inventories is the thing that really concerns me. From our retailers to our manufacturers, pretty much every business that makes or sells something relies on this. It's not all bad news though, because companies that want to work around this in any way will need far bigger warehouses to handle the unpredictability of different parts being delivered at different times. Good news for the commercial landlords.

We've voted and legislated to make pretty much every business outside of the Service sector much less efficient, and far less competitive than they currently are. 

Any industry reliant on Just in Time connections that extends beyond the UK is ****.

Again, something we've known about for years.

But again, you just need to remember that this isn't a rational exercise. At least not an national level. It's about filling some personal pockets and pretending it's something more with the excuse of years of xenophobia and petty nationalism to hide it. It's about throwing the country to the dogs to serve some narrower interests.

I'm ashamed I know people that voted for it. Loved ones. Fell for the lies. Idiots.

• Like 1

It looks like a shit sandwich, but surely would it not be better to pass judgement on the situation after the 1st of January and then, maybe  the 1st of July and beyond as BREXIT settles. Reading through the last 20 pages of this it is a foregone conclusion the end of the world in nigh in most peoples eyes. Do not underestimate the resilience  of the British people

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It looks like a shit sandwich, but surely would it not be better to pass judgement on the situation after the 1st of January and then, maybe  the 1st of July and beyond as BREXIT settles. Reading through the last 20 pages of this it is a foregone conclusion the end of the world in nigh in most peoples eyes. Do not underestimate the resilience  of the British people

I'll continue to assess the situation as the situation changes, and I'd love to be wrong and for everything to work out better than we could have possibly imagined. It's fantasy though. Just a single possible upside of all of this after 5 years of discussions and planning would be nice. 

We can be as resilient as we like, unless BJ pulls some out of the air in the next 3 weeks, there will be job losses and we'll all be paying more for stuff. And we all know how rarely Boris pulls something out.

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Everything could work out fine.

It could be a little blip, just some bedwetters having a panic.

Added to that, I really really want it to work out fine, after covid, I don’t have the financial resilience for a spell of unemployment, or inflation.

However, if people don’t point out the obvious shit, lies and scams this bunch of thieves are pulling, then it will be ‘our’ fault for not pointing it out in advance. You’d be here, mid March, asking why if everyone thought it was so bad, why they never pointed it out earlier.

It’s just another version of blame transfer from the brexit supporter to the remainer. Let’s just all shut up and be in it together, and hope it works out ok as nobody could possibly know in advance whether shooting yourself in the foot will hurt or not.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Everything could work out fine.

It could be a little blip, just some bedwetters having a panic.

Added to that, I really really want it to work out fine, after covid, I don’t have the financial resilience for a spell of unemployment, or inflation.

However, if people don’t point out the obvious shit, lies and scams this bunch of thieves are pulling, then it will be ‘our’ fault for not pointing it out in advance. You’d be here, mid March, asking why if everyone thought it was so bad, why they never pointed it out earlier.

It’s just another version of blame transfer from the brexit supporter to the remainer. Let’s just all shut up and be in it together, and hope it works out ok as nobody could possibly know in advance whether shooting yourself in the foot will hurt or not.

I am putting it out there simply because nobody but nobody on this thread in the last 30 or 40 pages has possibly thought it might be okay. It is extremely unhealthy for everybody to have the same opinion, I appreciate reading all the stuff that everybody puts up about what a **** up BREXIT will be, I am just adding some much-needed balance. Don’t worry I’ve got my tin hat on and expect barrage of abuse for it but it is what it is

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I am putting it out there simply because nobody but nobody on this thread in the last 30 or 40 pages has possibly thought it might be okay. It is extremely unhealthy for everybody to have the same opinion, I appreciate reading all the stuff that everybody puts up about what a **** up BREXIT will be, I am just adding some much-needed balance. Don’t worry I’ve got my tin hat on and expect barrage of abuse for it but it is what it is

So, do you think it could work out ok?

If you do, that’s absolutely fine, I’d be interested to know what you’ve seen or heard that could lead you to think it’ll be a positive experience for the masses.

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Also politicians lying to us, it’s not a unique situation as it is. They’re all self-serving bastards, I would not trust one of them

38 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I’d have more faith in the resilience of the British people if there hadn’t been so much footage of them evoking the spirit of the blitz by losing their minds over toilet paper earlier in the year.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It's a cliff edge. Once we're out, with no deal, that's it.

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Also politicians lying to us, it’s not a unique situation as it is. They’re all self-serving bastards, I would not trust one of them

But again, there are degrees of lying. I wouldn’t trust any politician, but I also would never have imagined the level these people have taken it to.

I don’t think anyone expects a manifesto to be fully honoured with no small print. I think all politicians have a shaky grasp of truth. But this current lot, they are a different level. The money they have so blatantly ‘wasted’ but always always wasted directly into the path of their friends.

I genuinely don’t understand how the police aren’t involved with some of these PPE contracts. 

We are becoming a banana republic, but without the sunshine and still having a nonce for a prince.

Hey, I genuinely hope I’m wrong. I just can’t currently picture a scenario where I’m wrong. I’d welcome a more upbeat review of the last couple of years and an optimistic forecast of how 2021 will pan out...

• Like 4

In all fairness Chris there can be no positives from this year at all, Please let me know of any similar year in the last 200 years? Covid and Brexit, what a lovely combination. Yes Boris and Cummings et al are lying toads but how is this a surprise, In our lifetime Aitken with his sword of truth and shield of justice, going to war on the basis of a college thesis, Tarzan and Westlands, Parkinson and Keays and on and on....

55 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Don’t worry I’ve got my tin hat on and expect barrage of abuse for it but it is what it is

I don't think you are getting or deserve to get abuse for asking the question.

I think some of the responses should give some perspective though, that it isn't that there are dozens of pages of people concerned about the impact of Brexit because we're a bunch of miserable bastards. It's because this isn't a surprise. We're not gonig to need to "wait and see". The writing is on the wall.

No upsides. Only considerable downsides.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Â