The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Once prices go up he won't last a month, we're heading into the biggest jump in retail prices ever , inflation will raise, interest rates will rocket and the pound will devalue. Once the brexiters realise they have been sold a lie and its cost us all our lifestyle they will blame everyone but themselves and Boris will be at the head of the que of people they will blame. 

Hard times ahead for us all. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, darrenm said:

As usual Jeremy Corbyn foretold this

Saying the tories will make a mess of things. What a visionary! All hail Saint Jezza the indecisive.

(Yeah, sure, even in that clip he’s managed to be a bit wrong as well, but not all Crystal balls are 100% accurate. Even now the tories are happy to protect workers existing rights, they are not one of the 3 areas of disagreement.)

That speech you link in a later post is very much along the lines of “the EU is a bit crap...Labour will work to change it...even though previously we didn’t and the tories are evil” which may or may not be valid, but it’s definitely lukewarm.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

He dragged his feet, he was cajoled and it was not a clear and coherent message. Yes he got there in the end but Labour was absolutely not a remain party. Corbyns backing of Remain was described as lukewarm.  

The message was clear enough for anyone who was interested in paying attention.

Labour was a remain party before the referendum. And then accepted it afterwards resulting in a hung parliament, largest vote increase since 1945 and largest English vote ever in 2017. After they backed a 2nd referendum in 2019 they lost 52 of the 54 leave seats and gave Johnson an 80 seat majority. And you're saying they should have been *more* remain?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Saying the tories will make a mess of things. What a visionary! All hail Saint Jezza the indecisive.

(Yeah, sure, even in that clip he’s managed to be a bit wrong as well, but not all Crystal balls are 100% accurate. Even now the tories are happy to protect workers existing rights, they are not one of the 3 areas of disagreement.)

That speech you link in a later post is very much along the lines of “the EU is a bit crap...Labour will work to change it...even though previously we didn’t and the tories are evil” which m̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶  is valid, but it’s definitely honest.

Any need for the sarcasm? I'm not an idiot thanks.

Anyway, FTFY.

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Any need for the sarcasm? I'm not an idiot thanks.

Anyway, FTFY.

The sarcasm’s aimed at Corbyn, not you Darren. Everybody knows the tories eff things up. We’re not idiots and nor are we visionaries.

I like the fix. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

The sarcasm’s aimed at Corbyn, not you Darren

You're quoting me, not Corbyn. So the sarcasm is aimed at me. If you can't challenge the actual point without resulting to being disrespectful then kindly don't reply to me at all.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, darrenm said:

You're quoting me, not Corbyn.

Who’s the bearded fellow in the video.... looks a bit like a confused member of the rectory cribbage team called up to read out the raffle results...but he seems vaguely familiar?

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Stuff like this is why I can't agree with the assessment that the Oven Ready deal was always the WA and not the trade deal. He was specifically asked about the trade deal and he said it was sorted.

Because he wanted to give the impression that the thing that had been negotiated, the WA, drew proceedings to a close.

If he specifically said that everything post 31st Dec 2020 was still totally up in the air then the 'Get Brexit Done' slogan would have crumbled instantly.

This is back to the discussion in the Tory thread about the method being employed by Johnson to say some things, allude to others, elide one thing that is the case with another that isn't, &c.

It is also back to the discussion that was being had at the time where plenty of people were pointing out that, whilst we would be leaving the EU if the WA were passed, this would still not mean that 'Brexit' was done and thus any framing of it in that way, implicit or inferred, was either duplicitous or incorrect.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Because he wanted to give the impression that the thing that had been negotiated, the WA, drew proceedings to a close.

If he specifically said that everything post 31st Dec 2020 was still totally up in the air then the 'Get Brexit Done' slogan would have crumbled instantly.

This is back to the discussion in the Tory thread about the method being employed by Johnson to say some things, allude to others, elide one thing that is the case with another that isn't, &c.

It is also back to the discussion that was being had at the time where plenty of people were pointing out that, whilst we would be leaving the EU if the WA were passed, this would still not mean that 'Brexit' was done and thus any framing of it in that way, implicit or inferred, was either duplicitous or incorrect.

Well we're in agreement there Snowy, they're all truth twisters and what pisses me off most, is that even whilst we're on a cliff edge, they're still framing something very very bad, as something fine, just to stay in power. it would be like spinning us on a brink of war, with a draft pending as 'millions of job opportunities'.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Stuff like this is why I can't agree with the assessment that the Oven Ready deal was always the WA and not the trade deal. He was specifically asked about the trade deal and he said it was sorted. 

I can’t believe that what he has been saying and doing is legal. He must be guilty of a criminal offence. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t believe that what he has been saying and doing is legal. He must be guilty of a criminal offence. 

Not illegal, and he knows he can get away with it because (at least) a plurality of the nation are stupid enough to fall for it time after time.

• Like 1

Well at least now we know we need to get ready. I'll hold my ankles, can someone pass the lube.

"I've **** it up again, chums. Alas." could just be a weekly bulletin from Downing Street.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

You're quoting me, not Corbyn. So the sarcasm is aimed at me. If you can't challenge the actual point without resulting to being disrespectful then kindly don't reply to me at all.

Oooohhhhh, get you stinky pants. 

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Who’s the bearded fellow in the video.... looks a bit like a confused member of the rectory cribbage team called up to read out the raffle results...but he seems vaguely familiar?

Have I accidentally posted a photo of myself? 😮

• Haha 1

Â