Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Some of that especially the "c u next Tuesday" Randy Lerner banner was a bit too much for me IMO, that said you'll always get the minority who always go overboard in anything.

That was was Dave's banner and me, Dave's sister and my daughter carrying it :) It was done with a little bit of jest in mind.

There was nothing vicious about the whole day and the march and what happened in the ground went off trouble free and with smiles on peoples faces which given the state of the club and what has gone on this season is remarkable and full credit has to go to the supporters for that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Fair enough and as you say there was nothing vicious involved. In the nicest way possible let's hope we don't see anything like this next season. 

No problem mate. We have tried with all these protests to be as non offensive and inclusive as we can. I 100% agree about not wanting to see any protests next season. The reason for those this season, when all was lost on the pitch, was to try to influence actions that would ensure there would be no need to next season and beyond.

• Like 1

MOTD coverage was awful, but that video earlier in the thread is great. Sorry I missed the game as looked absolutely brilliant.

That C U Next Tuesday banner is pretty embarrassing though. Massive cringe when that came up :D

Great effort from all involved in AVPG. The work put in for this the last couple of months has been very impressive, and nearly all of the protests have been excellent.

Edited by Stevo985

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I don't understand where all the inflatables suddenly reappeared from on 74 minutes. Most of them seemed to get carried off by the stewards at the start.

The ones at the start all came from Brigada, who don't seem capable of being team players! Never mind. 

Most fans managed to hold on to them, both ours and their own as well as the balloons until 74. The bloke two seats away bought a banana and a dolphin! 

P.S. yes the C U Next Tuesday banner was mine and I take full responsibility for it! Mark, his kidda and my sister had to carry it as I was off doing more menial things.

Apologies if it offended anyone. It was intended as a cheeky jibe rather than a full on onslaught. It got more coverage than expected! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I don't understand where all the inflatables suddenly reappeared from on 74 minutes. Most of them seemed to get carried off by the stewards at the start.

Yes this really made me laugh. It felt like someone had run round the back and nicked back all the ones they had confiscated and handed them back out again:D

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

P.S. yes the C U Next Tuesday banner was mine and I take full responsibility for it! Mark, his kidda and my sister had to carry it as I was off doing more menial things.

Apologies if it offended anyone. It was intended as a cheeky jibe rather than a full on onslaught. It got more coverage than expected! 

32 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I designed the banner for @dont_do_it_doug. and I don't apologise. It was hilarious and fully deserved. He is a word removed.

It didn't offend me, it was just really unclever and classless, imo.

• Like 3

Sorry if you felt it was a low blow. But a banner basically calling someone a word removed is pretty classless, imo, even if it's factually accurate.

Anyway, it's no big deal, it's a very small fault in an otherwise fantastic effort all round. Well done.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Hopefully this page will be defunct in a few weeks but you shouldn't let the momentum gathered as a supporters group stop. As I've wrote in the Home Support thread it'd be good to continue going forward but as a positive group. If this was allied to the banners and stuff Villa Park would be a good place to be next season whether it's 20000 or 40000 in the ground. 

• Like 3

Can I say, from a heartbroken Villa fan on the other side of the planet, the inflatable protest was the moment i'll remember most from this season. Thanks to everyone who went and got involved, because it really was moving, along with the noise being made. It was as close to Villa Park as i've felt all season.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Ha, I thought that too. I did see quite a few kids though who had clearly been instructed by parents/siblings to hold on to their ball until the 74th minute and under no circumstanes were they to chuck it before that. But I found a swimming arm band under my seat at half time, so I used that. I'm glad there were a lot more inflatables than balloons (which are inflatables but...ya know), it was much more effective. I saw crocodiles, sharks, surf boards, dolls, bananas and one of those big willys posted earlier in the thread amongst all the other normal stuff. It was cracking good fun. I don't know if it was just Brigada though, I was sitting right above them and there seemed to be inflatables coming from everywhere, not just that section of the crowd.

Â