Keinan Davis

a-k

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Just going by google search, but not sure if accurate. The point about weight is a little moot though in that he should be managed well by professionals and plenty of other players who appear to carry more weight seem to have less injuries?

I just wonder if it’s a club not managing him well enough or is it a Keinan issue? 

Combo of both I'd wager. 

Maybe just predisposed to injuries? Infinite list of players who could have made it if they weren't injured.

The club has a decent track record of keeping players fit as long as it isn't their ACL or they aren't getting scissor tackled by Ben Mee.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Just going by google search, but not sure if accurate. The point about weight is a little moot though in that he should be managed well by professionals and plenty of other players who appear to carry more weight seem to have less injuries?

I just wonder if it’s a club not managing him well enough or is it a Keinan issue? 

He has hardly been here for 18 months. Hard blame it on the club

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

About
Born: 13 February 1998 (age 25 years), Stevenage
Weight: 68 kg
Current team: Udinese Calcio (Forward)
Height: 1.9 m
Date joined: 2016 (Aston Villa F.C.)

Yeah there is absolutely no way that's accurate, he ain't 150 pounds lol

On 11/09/2023 at 12:36, NeilS said:

Poor old Kienan can't catch a break. It looks like his career in Italy has stalled before it has even started. Sadly I think the amount of injuries he has suffered during his short playing career show that he is unlikely to stay fit for long enough to build up his confidence and some momentum in his career.

Davis Injured

The Italian newspaper cover the situation on Monday, pointing to the statement released by Udinese regarding their new striker.

Davis has yet to feature for the Serie A club since his arrival from Aston Villa, and there was hope he could do so after the international break.

However, that will need to be put on hold due to a calf issue, where, ‘according to first investigations’, there is a fear that some muscle fibres ‘would have broken, caused by excessive stress’, meaning too much exertion.

It’s explained that this happened during some running drills ‘precisely to evaluate the physical conditions of the new arrivals’.

They point out the player certainly didn’t arrive from Aston Villa ‘in good shape’, and it was understood he would need a good month to get back to fitness.

This plan has now been ‘ruined due to this injury’, and they will now have to ‘evaluate the conditions’ of his left calf nearly ‘every day’, with the belief he could be out until potentially November.

You couldn't make it up....so sad.

13 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I’m assuming Keinan’s medical was just someone taking his temperature.

Or Monchi was the one doing the medical.

I can’t believe he passed a medical, we got £2m+ for him and we got his £45k / week wages off the books.

Insanely brilliant.

We’ve done some good deals recently offloading surplus. 
Ings, Davis, Coutinho etc. 

• Like 2

It’s really sad for the player, he can’t seem to catch a break. But good for Villa in finally getting some of his cost of the books. He could have had a better career without the injuries, he always showed potential despite his finishing inadequacies. On reflection he’s still made a good living, he came from non-league Biggleswade and he’s played over 30 games in the premier league, played for Aston Villa, Forest, Watford and done well in the championship. He could have achieved more but that’s still decent. 

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s really sad for the player, he can’t seem to catch a break. But good for Villa in finally getting some of his cost of the books. He could have had a better career without the injuries, he always showed potential despite his finishing inadequacies. On reflection he’s still made a good living, he came from non-league Biggleswade and he’s played over 30 games in the premier league, played for Aston Villa, Forest, Watford and done well in the championship. He could have achieved more but that’s still decent. 

Didn't think this could possibly be right but it is! Albeit mostly as substitute appearances and once you sum it, he's played about 9 games worth of minutes and has 1G/1A.

Not bad for someone who can't finish.

• 4 weeks later...
Â