Keinan Davis

a-k

Young players have days like this.....but the man handling from Mills was a joke.

The referee was poor in his observation.

The dealing will the physical side will be part of Keinnan's football education......John Terry will put him right.

• Like 1

I don't think he was poor at all. Once again, I think he's come out of that game doing most things right. There must have been 10+ long balls up to him and probably 9 of them he controlled and released to a teammate. Add to that the few times that he was instrumental in building an attack or took on a defender, and I think it easily outweighed the very few occasions that he may have made the wrong decision.

One thing I will say, which people might be referring to as him being 'jaded', is that he didn't show as much 'hustle and bustle' Today. But I didn't think that was a bad thing. Sometimes it's good for a striker to conserve his energy and also to remain up in the position that he knows will make him an outlet for the team.

• Like 1

How the forest cb only got a yellow after the 80th minute was a joke. Davis was getting kicked and man handled all game. He still did the majority of things right. Maybe needs to work on goal scoring instinct and position, a couple of times he'd work the ball wide and then stand out of the box when he should've been making a run in.

Nice to see him in a 2 but i thought Kodjia was to far away from him yesterday. The sort of player Davis is he needs people around him to benefit from his hold up play. I'm still staggered that we haven't seen a front 2 of Davis and Hogan. I honestly thing that their games are made for each other. 

He probably won't score many this season, but he allows Kodjia to have more freedom which is key. The first goal doesn't happen if Kodjia is playing in Davis' further up role. Same for the second goal. Kodjia was able to get the ball a little deeper and run at the defense. He just can't do that if Davis isn't on the pitch. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He probably won't score many this season, but he allows Kodjia to have more freedom which is key. The first goal doesn't happen if Kodjia is playing in Davis' further up role. Same for the second goal. Kodjia was able to get the ball a little deeper and run at the defense. He just can't do that if Davis isn't on the pitch. 

Agree 100%.

I dont think I am being cruel by saying he will never be a consistent 10-15 goals a season player but he does offer a movement and a presence we have not had since Benteke

I think he is developing nicely and credit to Bruce(cant believe i typed that ;)) he has blooded the lad and has stuck by him ahead of more experience and expensive names

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

I thought he embarassed Mills a few times though i really hate mills. Centre backs should not wear alice bands :P

or constantly foul their opponent throughout the game.....He used his hands more than his goalkeeper.

• Like 1

Â