Keinan Davis

a-k

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I have a gut feeling there is an underlying problem with a new deal. 

Why on earth would you let arguably one of the best prospects in a generation be in the final months of a contract. 

Seriously think this lad could be to us what a young Owen/Rooney were to Liverpool Everton. 

He only signed on and 18 month contract originally , this form has pretty much come from nowhere , im sure he'll be offered something soon

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Steady on, that sounds like something I said about Delfouneso on here, Davis has a lot of potential but to compare him to Rooney is a bit OTT in my opinion 

Good job i never compared him to Rooney then. 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The last sentence of your post: "Davis could be to us what Rooney/Owen were to Everton/Liverpool"

Yes as in an asset to us, Not comparing playing styles although i do fully expect him to go on to bigger and better things as soon as a half decent PL Team come knocking.

29 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yes as in an asset to us, Not comparing playing styles although i do fully expect him to go on to bigger and better things as soon as a half decent PL Team come knocking.

Fair enough, I think you could be in for a shock seeing as we have given him his big break, I think he might show some loyalty to us

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

When players like him show the improvement like they do and I still think O'Hare and Doyle Hayes are special too.....We don't know where their improvement is going to plateau.

If it keeps going for all of them ........we are in for some fireworks to look forward to.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

When players like him show the improvement like they do and I still think O'Hare and Doyle Hayes are special too.....We don't know where their improvement is going to plateau.

If it keeps going for all of them ........we are in for some fireworks to look forward to.

We can all but hope, as I've said many times, this group of young players are the best I've seen

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We can all but hope, as I've said many times, this group of young players are the best I've seen

and I can understand why:).....who do you think is instrumental for it SGC?

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Your guess is as good as mine, they deserve a knighthood though :) David Hughes perhaps?

We could have a special Villa award and call it the Zat Knighthood.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

I have a gut feeling there is an underlying problem with a new deal. 

Why on earth would you let arguably one of the best prospects in a generation be in the final months of a contract. 

Seriously think this lad could be to us what a young Owen/Rooney were to Liverpool Everton. 

I like the guy. He looks very promising.

But he's nowhere near that good.

Just now, Kingman said:

IMO I think he will be one of the brightest prospects to come through our ranks in a generation. 

Yeah, I get that.

And I don't think he's anywhere near that good.

But I hope you're right.

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Your guess is as good as mine, they deserve a knighthood though :) David Hughes perhaps?

Good shout SGC. I think Bryan Jones recruiting the kids has been great. A Lad I know Peter Saunders is academy coach and has worked under Ben Petty and also David Hughes is now his manager. Peter is a good guy and has introduced new interesting methods into youth training including boxercise and the players in the academy love it.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Â