Keinan Davis

a-k

2 hours ago, John said:

Keinan reminds me a little of Heskey (in a good way). He holds the ball up well, is strong and runs hard. Emile didn't score goals freely, but he was a real handful for defenders and strikers like Michael Owen loved to play alongside him. He became an England international, was top drawer at his best and ended up scoring over one hundred goals as well. I'm not giving up on the lad just yet.    

Heskey had a lot more to his game than Davies. Look at his stats his first few years when he was Keinan’s age

2 hours ago, sne said:

Has he got 1 more season where he doesn't have to be registered in the 25 man squad or was this his last season?

He's still young and sadly due to injuries pretty unproven so I hope we stick with him  and hope he can stay fit as I rate him much higher than Wes so far.

That said if he as to be registered among the 25 next season then pressure to perform is there. Fully agree with the club that we can't have a team full of 22-23 y.o knocking about in the U23's.

Both fans and club has had a tendency to treat our guys in their mid 20's as teenagers. Either afraid to give em' a go or reluctant to see they are just not good enough.

Baker, Clark and Gardner were all seen as "prospects" by some when the left ffs :D 

Regardless of which league we end up in next season I really hope we find a better and smoother way of introducing and utilizing our youth players with the seniors moving forward. Every single other club seem to be better at it than us. And I hope the restructuring of the youth teams continues in the direction it seem to be going.

Fully agree.

At the fear of labouring a point......we don't have the players established in our team that can chaperon any would be stars from the academy.....we are too busy hanging on to games by our finger nails.

when we become a mid table team, with an ability to control a game more, only then will they be given a whirl, on a more regular basis...Imo.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Heskey had a lot more to his game than Davies. Look at his stats his first few years when he was Keinan’s age

He wasn't so unfortunate with injuries though. I think that Keinan could, if he stays relatively fit for a couple of seasons, develop into a similar player to Emile. I hope that we get the chance to find out. 🤞

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Fully agree.

At the fear of labouring a point......we don't have the players established in our team that can chaperon any would be stars from the academy.....we are too busy hanging on to games by our finger nails.

when we become a mid table team, with an ability to control a game more, only then will they be given a whirl, on a more regular basis...Imo.

You say when we become a mid table team like we have a divine right! We could quite easily be relegated this season

Comparing Davis to Heskey is like comparing El Ghazi to C Ronaldo

Davis time is now, Will he cemente himself in the Villa side or will he get injured again  we will soon find out

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Davis time is now, Will he cemente himself in the Villa side or will he get injured again  we will soon find out

You are putting unnecessary pressure on his young shoulders, he is 22 years old. For me, he has already shown for us that he will have a good career, at what level is up to him. I think that he has the ability to play for us in the Premier League but it is solely up to him 

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

If he gets a proper run injury free I think everyone will see how good he is. I’ve seen a lot of potential in only few minutes gere or there.

Him and Samatta to start next game. 

This 100%

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

If he gets a proper run injury free I think everyone will see how good he is. I’ve seen a lot of potential in only few minutes gere or there.

Him and Samatta to start next game. 

Him ahead of el ghazi or trez any day for me.  doesn't matter he's not a winger he's effective on the ball and helps the team move up the pitch. As long as he's not injured, which is the problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

Him ahead of el ghazi or trez any day for me.  doesn't matter he's not a winger he's effective on the ball and helps the team move up the pitch. As long as he's not injured, which is the problem.

Agree entirely with this. The short stints ive seen of him show he has an excellent first touch, the ability to hold up the ball, and the ability to find another player. That all sounds incredibly basic, but comparing directly to what was on the pitch before him on those rare occasions he was a class apart.

If he can avoid injury, which sadly seems incredibly unlikely, he could be very good. If he is showing promise in training and is fit, I'd start him. 

I think he would play better with a strike partner like Samatta. The problem is I don’t see us playing with two up top very often in the near future. I like Keinan, I think he’s a bit lost as a lone striker, but would love him to do well here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, messi11 said:

I admit that El G & Rono do look a little alike from behind and from a distance, when running with the ball. ;)

Edited by John

19 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You say when we become a mid table team like we have a divine right! We could quite easily be relegated this season

Nothing wrong with optimistic confidence.

And it is not about divine right, it is about fan base, catchment area, stadium, etc.

We have, so far, massive untapped potential. Most people and pundits can see that - that is why we are unpopular with many pundits and other teams fans - FEAR.

I wish Keinan all the best. I hope he now gets an extended injury free run where he can start to showcase his abilities. He has made a difference to Villa when he’s played, he makes the TEAM better imo. The next two months with a fully fit Keinan Davis will make Villa better. Go on Keinan, son, go and ram your talents down some peoples necks! UTV

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Nothing wrong with optimistic confidence.

And it is not about divine right, it is about fan base, catchment area, stadium, etc.

We have, so far, massive untapped potential. Most people and pundits can see that - that is why we are unpopular with many pundits and other teams fans - FEAR.

I agree but we need to stay up first, back in 2015/16 when we got relegated, we took Premier League football for granted, it can’t happen again

5 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I wish Keinan all the best. I hope he now gets an extended injury free run where he can start to showcase his abilities. He has made a difference to Villa when he’s played, he makes the TEAM better imo. The next two months with a fully fit Keinan Davis will make Villa better. Go on Keinan, son, go and ram your talents down some peoples necks! UTV

Given my prior comments on Davis, I honestly hope he rams his talents down my neck (pardon the 'Carry On' pun) because it would be great for him to be a success and anything that makes us better would be great.  I hope he stays fit for once, which again would be great and if he can help pull us out from relegation that would be awesome.  I'd love to be proved wrong, I really would and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him because we need something extra in our team  and while I feel that is more from a defensive angle, anywhere on the pitch helps so let's do this.

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree but we need to stay up first, back in 2015/16 when we got relegated, we took Premier League football for granted, it can’t happen again

I think getting relegated would be a disaster I really do, not because of being relegated, you just dont know if you are going to get back up and you lose a lot in terms of advancing the football club.  To be honest though I actually enjoyed watching the Villa in the Championship from purely a watching games, it was nice to watch even during the less successful times.  We have to stay in the PL I agree and going down would set back the club massively but in terms of watching the games, I didnt mind it.  Advancing the club, growth of the a club and all that, we have to be in the Premier League but from a spectacle I didnt mind championship football.  

• Like 1

Â