Keinan Davis

a-k

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So far his decision making has been excellent.

His choice of pass, composure in waiting for players and timing of playing the ball is excellent for someone his age. Factor in his education so far at a lower level, I think this kid can go really far. How was he playing at the level he was???

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Is it bad that I'm already worried that some 'big club' arse holes might be sniffing around to 'help his career' by leave him on their benches and completely ruin his development? 

This isn't a criticism of the kid, far from it, hes been absolutely fantastic since coming into the side. He is still very, very raw though, he'd be absolutely brain dead to want to sit on a bench somewhere at this stage of his career. 

I'm not worried at all about him leaving atm. Get promoted and i don't think the clubs that are considered "bigger than villa" would be interested so there wouldn't be many appealing options anyway. 

A prolonged spell in the championship would obviously alter my view. 

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Yup. No stupid haircuts. No mad tattoos. Doesn't seem to out clubbing and doesn't get in the papers in the papers for the wrong reasons. Works his socks off and wears them in the right place.

Mr. Davis is he's a talented young man & I wish him the best career possible. Hopefully with Aston Villa.

I think the fact he worked his way up the leagues from Biggleswade that he probably realises he got a lucky break and doesnt want go back to that level and has a good attitude.

Lucky break in terms of a villa scout seeing him not because of his ability

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the fact he worked his way up the leagues from Biggleswade that he probably realises he got a lucky break and doesnt want go back to that level and has a good attitude.

Lucky break in terms of a villa scout seeing him not because of his ability

Agreed. I don't watch the u23's so can't make comment myself, but i do remember last year that even some of our members that watch the youth religiously questioned whether he was ready for the first team. The general consensus was that RHM was way ahead of him in terms of first team readiness. 

I think a lot of his success so fa has been down to his sheer hard work and desire. No doubt he is a talent and a massive physical presence but boy does he put a shift in. 

It is good to see Bruce is protecting him and taking him off when the time is right. We must not forget his is only 19.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think a lot of his success so fa has been down to his sheer hard work and desire. No doubt he is a talent and a massive physical presence but boy does he put a shift in. 

It is good to see Bruce is protecting him and taking him off when the time is right. We must not forget his is only 19.

Agreed. Its a massive part of his game. 

Above all else, coming from the youth set-up (i know we've only had him a couple of years) and working your socks off is money in the bank with the fans. 

On 25 September 2017 at 00:21, Zatman said:

I dont think I am being cruel by saying he will never be a consistent 10-15 goals a season player but he does offer a movement and a presence we have not had since Benteke

I think he is developing nicely and credit to Bruce(cant believe i typed that ;)) he has blooded the lad and has stuck by him ahead of more experience and expensive names

He will score more than that :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Oh look, the lad who's come from nothing is working his arse off, getting games, getting heavily involved and scoring goals.

Compare that to the lads we pick up as 10 year olds, demanding and holding out for large contracts despite achieving nothing. 

Go Davis, Go! 

Absolutely love it. 

If he keeps this up the large contracts will come, hopefully his attitude stays the same. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Oh look, the lad who's come from nothing is working his arse off, getting games, getting heavily involved and scoring goals.

Compare that to the lads we pick up as 10 year olds, demanding and holding out for large contracts despite achieving nothing. 

Go Davis, Go! 

Absolutely love it. 

Spot on.

Huge breath of fresh air, great attitude and an apparent willingness to actually work on his game.  Davis has been so impressive this season - great to see him adding some goals too.

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rumours some premier league scouts were attendance yesterday looking at Davis, bloody give him a new deal Bruce!

Davis if he continues like this will cost a fortune if we tie him up 

Was just about to post this.

Indeed, this is not something we should delay at all.

Barring serious injury, this kid has all it takes to be a Villa Legend.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was just about to post this.

Indeed, this is not something we should delay at all.

Barring serious injury, this kid has all it takes to be a Villa Legend.

Anyone who has twitter flood xia to give him a new contract  (although i would be suprised if this isnt already in the works)

Its incredible we all thought rmd would be the one doing what davis has. Incredible eh?

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

What do either of those things have to do with anything?

In another way I was saying something along the lines of this:

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Go Davis, Go! 

Absolutely love it. 

• Like 1

It's already been said and it's not an insult, he's our young emile Heskey. 

Will score a regular 12 to 15 goals per season with the odd 18 goal season thrown in.

If he can keep the attitude of heskey throughout his career it will serve him well.

Â