Eric Black

villan-scott

The team is down, you have nothing to lose, you aren't going to get the gig regardless. You have free reign to do anything you want, go for it, play the kids, lambast the words removed...but no, lets go with kieran, leandro, scottie and joleon. 

What a boring, miserable tit. **** off.

• Like 3

a classic case of not being able "to legislate for that" from kieran richardson for that miss to be fair. 

No point blaming Black too much really, he's clearly just doing his best job in difficult circumstances- and has no interest in taking it on full time, thankfully. 

Can't wrap my head around that selection today.

What was he trying to achieve, what point was he trying to prove.

Is he afraid he'd be offered the job permanently if we manage to get a point? 

• Like 1

Horrible horrible team selection, is there no way we can force the manager for our next match (be it black or someone else) to only use certain players and banish players like Richardson, Sinclair, Westwood, Lescott, Richards and others from the team ? we are down regardless. someone start a petition or something ! 

He's took over the team in difficult circumstances. He didn't really sign up for this and he's not really to blame.

However, playing it safe helps nobody. Although we've got no chance if it happening, we must aim to score one more than the opposition and win every game.

We've tried it for years and its never worked, perhaps a bit under Lambert. Keeping it tight results in us putting pressure on a defence that is incapable of keeping a clean sheet.

Get the fans on side at home and throw it all at them and see what happens.

The sooner we get someone in, the sooner we can stop placating the players we/he doesn't want to keep.

I think it was genius actually.

Play all the players responsible for the position we are in, get relegated (sooner the better) & let the home fans give them hell.

I'm sure Gabby would have started had he not whimpered out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I think it was genius actually.

Play all the players responsible for the position we are in, get relegated (sooner the better) & let the home fans give them hell.

I'm sure Gabby would have started had he not whimpered out.

My feelings exactly. I'm glad he played who he did. Play the kids from next week. 

You wonder what these coaches with a 100m qualifications learn on these coaching course the FA do, I presume Black is a highly qualified coach.

And he sends out that starting 11, there were 5 alone better picks from people on here in the pre match thread that would've got the crowd onside today.

To give him the benefit fo the doubt I'm wondering if he thought there's nothing to lose and said to the players "Blank slate, I'll be fair and give every single one of you the chance in the remaining games to play and prove yourself". Let's see if Okore, Veretout, Kozak and Green get minutes next week.

Edited by a m ole

Oh no, not another sacking!

(If this new Football Board thingy is working well, we should have a new manager lined up to announce once we are properly relegated, probably next week, and Black can be given the Golden Goodbye then.)

Forget even the team selection, the tatics were shocking.  He was happy to send them out to get behind the ball. In the first half our 4/5 midfielders were playing about 2 meters in front on back 4.  Like wtf did we have to loose.

This is the way we have played tactically since he came in and its why i dont want another scotish manager.  The majority of them send out teams not to concede and a goal is a bonus!  

He should have been booted with garde!

• Like 1

Â