Eric Black

villan-scott

Just now, PussEKatt said:

When Garde did not improve results fans were quoting how many wins/points he got us and moaning about him.Well, Black is in the same boat and fans are moaning about him as well and they both got the same amount of support from the board,so, continuity.

But what's your point?

Black is a caretaker manager. He's literally here to just keep the team running until a new manager is in charge.

what are you suggesting the club do? Sack the caretaker manager for a better caretaker manager when we're already relegated?

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

When Garde did not improve results fans were quoting how many wins/points he got us and moaning about him.Well, Black is in the same boat and fans are moaning about him as well and they both got the same amount of support from the board,so, continuity.

Black is not a manager though

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

No.I am just saying that nothing has changed from 4/5 seasons ago, continuity.and this is with a new board(s)

But we haven't got a new manager yet.

Is he in charge of the team ? and training ? and picking the 11 ? and picking the subs ? and saying when and who goes on ?

Before I became a forman I was a leading hand and when the forman was away, I was in charge....I was the forman while he was away.

I expected the board ( the football part ) to do something, for instance how about playing the younger players or having Okore and Clarke at the back ?

As you say, Black is only the assistant so sureley the board could suggest changes, I mean we are down already FFS

I've got no problems with the board to appointing Black, and calls for him to be sacked are ridiculous to be honest.

But I do feel he had a real opportunity against Bournemouth to play an entertaining game. You can say "any team would have lost that", but there's no a doubt in my mind that we could have been better to watch.

I dunno, I just feel sorry for anyone who purchased a ticket for that game who had to watch that team we put out. Wasted opportunity imo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I expected the board ( the football part ) to do something, for instance how about playing the younger players or having Okore and Clarke at the back ?

As you say, Black is only the assistant so sureley the board could suggest changes, I mean we are down already FFS

We are down. Before Black stepped up. Black knows this. The players should get a public flogging every game now, play them until the bitter end and let the fans make it as uncomfortable as possible for them. 

Hence the shaming of gabby. Let everyone know who the time wasters are!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Is he in charge of the team ? and training ? and picking the 11 ? and picking the subs ? and saying when and who goes on ?

Before I became a forman I was a leading hand and when the forman was away, I was in charge....I was the forman while he was away.

An Honest question

when you were "up-ped" to Forman, were those working under you as shit at their jobs as the Villa players are at their jobs?

1) if so - what did you think?

2) if not - why do you feel the need to comment?

I'm beginning to like Black.

I think he's throwing the C***s under the bus before they throw him under it.

If, once we are down, its all change from him I'll be happy.

1) Gaby handling - Great

2) Interviews - Honest

3) Picks who has relegated us - good

4) Once relegated - ? - we will see

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

But he isn't a manager. It's not his role. 

Its like me as a healthcare assistant being asked to run the unit when the ward manager is off sick. Of course it'll go tits up. 

I have no idea whether 'a healthcare assistant' is a direct subordinate of a ward manager, and therefore whether this scenario you've outlined might actually happen, but to be completely fair 'manager gets sacked, assistant has to step in' is hardly an earth-shattering occurance. Any assistant manager should be prepared to step in, it's just part of the job. 

However, I do feel a bit for Black, I don't suppose we'd win a game this season no matter what he did. 

8 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

This is madness.

You actually WANT the board to be interfering in team selection? :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I've got no problems with the board to appointing Black, and calls for him to be sacked are ridiculous to be honest.

But I do feel he had a real opportunity against Bournemouth to play an entertaining game. You can say "any team would have lost that", but there's no a doubt in my mind that we could have been better to watch.

I dunno, I just feel sorry for anyone who purchased a ticket for that game who had to watch that team we put out. Wasted opportunity imo. 

Excellent point and the only real gripe you can have with black. I hope no we're down he'll try something a bit out of the box tomorrow. Why persist with the same losing players? What's he got to lose?

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Excellent point and the only real gripe you can have with black. I hope no we're down he'll try something a bit out of the box tomorrow. Why persist with the same losing players? What's he got to lose?

I don't disagree with this, but I'm really beyond caring what team is put out. Everyone is shit.

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

I'm beginning to like Black.

I think he's throwing the C***s under the bus before they throw him under it.

If, once we are down, its all change from him I'll be happy.

1) Gaby handling - Great

2) Interviews - Honest

3) Picks who has relegated us - good

4) Once relegated - ? - we will see

I'm on the fence, he's made noises about wanting the team to win the fans over - great - but I have a nagging feeling he might think the best way to do that is persist with the same lot until they get their act together which just isn't going to happen. His comments about only judging the players since he's been in charge is frustrating, he's seen their matchday performance previously and in my opinion should be the main factor in picking future XI's.

If there was better communication between the club and us, they would realise how easy it might be to appease a large amount of the fanbase - stop playing the players who have burned all bridges with the fans and give some young players a game along side those that might not be great but haven't given up (thinking Ayew, Gana, maybe Clark and Cissokho sort of players). We've lost almost every match this season, it should no longer be about "the best team to get a result" as we're not going to get one anyway. You can guarantee most of Villa Park would get behind a young side putting the effort in even if they lose. Will have to see how he approaches it once mathematically relegated.

But as people have pointed out, he's a stand-in and I don't blame him for just going through the motions instead of trying something different, it's probably why he's had a career as a dependable assistant manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I'm on the fence, he's made noises about wanting the team to win the fans over - great - but I have a nagging feeling he might think the best way to do that is persist with the same lot until they get their act together which just isn't going to happen. His comments about only judging the players since he's been in charge is frustrating, he's seen their matchday performance previously and in my opinion should be the main factor in picking future XI's.

If there was better communication between the club and us, they would realise how easy it might be to appease a large amount of the fanbase - stop playing the players who have burned all bridges with the fans and give some young players a game along side those that might not be great but haven't given up (thinking Ayew, Gana, maybe Clark and Cissokho sort of players). We've lost almost every match this season, it should no longer be about "the best team to get a result" as we're not going to get one anyway. You can guarantee most of Villa Park would get behind a young side putting the effort in even if they lose. Will have to see how he approaches it once mathematically relegated.

But as people have pointed out, he's a stand-in and I don't blame him for just going through the motions instead of trying something different, it's probably why he's had a career as a dependable assistant manager.

My only problem with team selection at the moment is:

During the Otdo74 protests and general hostile atmo from fans at the games that is building up to the big bang of relegation day. I think the players who put us here should get the full rath and suffer the shame of relegation as & when it finally happens.

To expose the good eggs & youngsters to unneccessary negetory would be wrong imho.

Fans can then finally digest it all knowing that from then on in, the past happened, we can look to the future.

The future is/will be.

1) Appointing a new manager, coaches and whatever staff we need.

2) Preparing a squad for 16/17 season. Meaning, who to keep, who to go/bomb squad, what we have coming through and who of the loanee's to bring back.

I'm of the opinion these steps should be taken after relegation is confirmed.

Â