Lovre Kalinić

mwj

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

Sounds like Blackadder 4 in my head..."Welcome aboard, Darling".

wRZ7y0e.jpg

Darling? Funny name for a guy isn't it? Last person I called darling was pregnant twenty seconds later. 

Looking likely now:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/aston-villa-are-signing-hadjuk-goalie-lovre-kalinic-for-e6-5m-slobodna-dalmacija/

According to Croatian newspaper Slobodna Dalmacija it’s a done deal.

Aston Villa are signing goalie Lovre Kalinic from Hadjuk Split for €6.5m.

The first observation about Kalinic is he’s tall: 6ft 7in.

Villa have been linked to the  25-year-old keeper for some time now, and apparently the clubs have now reached a final agreement.

Slobodna Dalmacija report that Kalinic’s agents are to receive 30% of the transfer fee, with the rest of the money going to the Croatian club.

The players still needs to formalise some work permit paper work before the deal can be announced.

Despite a recent upturn in results, Aston Villa remain rooted to the foot of the Premier League.

With just 12 points from 22 games, Remi Garde’s side looked nailed-on for the drop this season.

The Clarets are back in action tonight when they take on Wycombe Wanders at Villa Park in an FA Cup 3rd round replay.

Obviously he'll keep us up.........................and we don't need a decent midfielder or even a goal scorer at all. Pffftttttt

Hopefully he's good, I've never heard of him so can't comment, but highlights packages are even more worthless for goalkeepers than any other position on the pitch, you'd learn more about them if it was a compilation of the goals they conceded

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Anything that reduces that odds of seeing Guzan play has to be a good thing.

Couldn't agree more if you paid me. The sooner Guzan is gone the better. Never in my 42 years on this planet can I remember a time when I wanted to see the back of so many players in the first team squad. Hopefully Remi starts the exile of a few asap.

Edited by avfc1982am

Got to see his shot-stopping/parrying in the vid but not the other stuff that would help us make a judgement on his ability - how he deals with crosses and his distribution, for example. 

Got very little to go on - so I just hope he's good, really. 

He's quite tall isn't he? But:

• does he have a long throw?
  • can he be loaned with Januzaj?
  • does he get talked about in or frequent Tesco's?
  • was he spotted on the M6 in Julie's car?
  • is he the "Croatian Beckham"?
  • is he a top, top player?
  • does he posses an Atomic Strike?
  • has he ever had a meal in a certain American restaurant?
  • will he really "shake things up"?

• Like 2

Until we see him play then we won't know if he's good enough but at least we have Bunn doing okay so maybe it's best to let him settle in for a while.

As for Guzan??? I can't believe how bad he is now, I wish him well at whatever career he chooses next.

I welcome any improvements to the squad but I really hope RG is working 24/7 on getting us a goal scoring gorward ASAP.

Â