Lovre Kalinić

mwj

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in fairness Kalinic is probably happiest person in world to hear this news. No chance he be going Euros playing behind our defence :P

Or he's probably gutted because he clearly wanted the move.

On 21/01/2016 at 17:54, dn1982 said:

You've totally missed the point!!! I know we need a new keeper the point is a keeper is more than just shot stopping he sets the tone to the defence. An erratic keeper like Guzan spreads to the defence. Bunn isn't good enough but look how calm he is to the defence when he collects the ball etc that settles them down. There's no dramatics when he does something good or bad. I hope Kalinic brings a lot more talent and sets the tone for the defence. 

I'm with you there, especially on the dramatics. 
if you look at past posts I didn't want Bunn in nets but after a couple of watches he's clearly an experienced keeper who tries to give the defenders the confidence that he's behind them.
Rushing out is one example, it can be a problem at the top level but defenders will feel more comfortable to push a little higher if they know the keeper behind is in control of their tactical mistakes. Bunn is clearly better than Guzan at that, so is his short throw distribution.
Btw I'm not saying he's a better keeper, it'd just be nice to have that in nets as well as some athleticism and shot stopping. It's a big ask from a developing Croatian.....

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

9 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

anyone got a sauce for the article where it says his work permit was denied? 

Might be it?

http://dalmatinskiportal.hr/sport/sok--odbijena-radna-dozvola--propao-transfer-lovre-kalinica/9783

"Lovre Kalinic even in the second stage did not get a work permit. She arrived rejection and transfer to Aston Villa fell through" Google translate ftw

Fwiw I still hold a slight hope that this is just a rumor gotten out of hand and that he will in fact be able to sign after an appeal.

Edited by sne

Pretty sure the club president of Hajduk has confirmed that the deal is off now. Can't help but feel this is unfair, the appeal decision is made by an independent committee made up of six individuals - with two being ex-football managers/players etc. I believe that most appeals are passed as the player is going to be playing suffice time in the Premier League, and in turn fits the bill of "contributing to the Elite league."

My gut feeling is that this has been rejected on the basis of us not being in the Elite league for much longer, and in turn even if he is our starting keeper, he won't be contributing to the Elite league (Premier League). IMO this is incredibly unfair, but doesn't surprise me as pretty much everybody has us going down, including our own board. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

These new work permits rules clearly benefit the bigger clubs, so unfair.

It's not really a new thing. 

jsldDTB.jpg

It was something of a standing joke about how Manchester United kept getting a work permit for Quinton Fortune because he was averaging about ten substitute appearances a season for the first team and wasn't playing in 75% of South Africa internationals (which was the required quota at the time).  The only conclusion people could seem to come up with is that he got a work permit because Manchester United. 

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Might be it?

http://dalmatinskiportal.hr/sport/sok--odbijena-radna-dozvola--propao-transfer-lovre-kalinica/9783

"Lovre Kalinic even in the second stage did not get a work permit. She arrived rejection and transfer to Aston Villa fell through" Google translate ftw

Fwiw I still hold a slight hope that this is just a rumor gotten out of hand and that he will in fact be able to sign after an appeal.

Bugar o bockar.

yeh, im gonna keep calm until its official, but it doesnt seem good does it. If its true it shouldn't be long before we hear something

• Like 1

I wouldn't give up hope just yet... from my extensive experience with the UK Border Agency, there is usually some lawyer'y BS way around it, it just takes a few appeals.

Someone posted the points categories on twitter earlier, its all based on transfer fees & wages in the top 50th/75th percentile of similar Premier League players in the last 2 years, I'm sure we can structure the wages some way to get around it.

57 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

These new work permits rules clearly benefit the bigger clubs, so unfair.

Same as FFP. The whole system is being fixed to keep cerrain teams at the top. We will end up like the Greek league where one team wins every year.

22 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

If we can't get this guy on appeal, go out and get one of these promising British keepers from the lower leagues that I keep hearing about! 

I think there is a very promising one at Huddersfield ;)

• Like 4

Â