Lovre Kalinić

mwj

53 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Nice to see we are addressing a key problem area. Hopefully he's the new mark bosnich (before the cocaine).

The one after the cocaine would do a better job than Guzan the last two years to be fair

• Like 2

apparently he saves spectacularly and concedes soft goals at the near post according to one of my mates whos a Hajduk Split fan. He watches them regularly and thinks he has the potential if he can get proper coaching. He thinks its great money for them.. and he will be no good to us this season.. but will be good in the championship. 

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's a full international already isn't he?
Must have something about him.

I'd get him straight in the team.

he has 2 caps both friendlies which bizarrely he has been subbed in last minute of the game

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KSV said:

apparently he saves spectacularly and concedes soft goals at the near post according to one of my mates whos a Hajduk Split fan. He watches them regularly and thinks he has the potential if he can get proper coaching. He thinks its great money for them.. and he will be no good to us this season.. but will be good in the championship. 

has only conceded 15 goals this season though, last season was nearly 60

he might be no good for us this season but still better than watch Guzan in nets

9 hours ago, KSV said:

It's almost impossible to know what he's like without watching him as your mate has but from clips he seems extremely quick off his line (decision wise) which could get him in trouble in the Prem. He also doesn't appear to push to ball away, preferring to try and keep it where he can get it. 
Any mentions of those things?

Damned long reach though!

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

has only conceded 15 goals this season though, last season was nearly 60

he might be no good for us this season but still better than watch Guzan in nets

Zat, not having a go, you are just the most recent to post this sentiment. ("better than enduring Guzan" sentiment)  It's catchy.  It's easy to say.  It vents some very reasonable frustration.  But hardly a known.  We really have no idea what this guy may look like behind our back 4.  Perhaps not as good as we would hope.  I think we would all agree that at times at least, nobody would look very good behind the defensive errors our "team" have made in front of him.

IMO, we would benefit from a keeper who will direct the defense and give them hell when they F%&K up.  So, English might be a nice feature.  On the other hand, I don't know any croation, so it might sound much more fierce when you say "mark the &%&# ing weak side runner."

Having said that.  We need a solution to stop opposition goals and this seems well worth the try.  We also need a way to score a few ourselves.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

IMO, we would benefit from a keeper who will direct the defense and give them hell when they F%&K up.  So, English might be a nice feature.  On the other hand, I don't know any croation, so it might sound much more fierce when you say "mark the &%&# ing weak side runner."

Most Croatians speak quite decent level of English anyway so I imagine he should be OK with the language

Bunn may not be a better goalkeeper on certain things than Guzan but what he does is he keeps calm and that spreads to the defence something I think Garde has said. Kalinic looks good I just hope he is calm and isn't as erratic as Guzan. All the best keepers are calm and good decision makers goalkeeping is a lot more than shot stopping these days!! X 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The general theme on VT for a lot of things appears to be "Well it can't be any worse!"

In reality, that's bollocks. But it seems to be trotted out all over the place.

Preach.

We should sign Aaron Pierre. Can't be any worse than a guy with 10 years experience in the Prem.

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Bunn may not be a better goalkeeper on certain things than Guzan but what he does is he keeps calm and that spreads to the defence something I think Garde has said. Kalinic looks good I just hope he is calm and isn't as erratic as Guzan. All the best keepers are calm and good decision makers goalkeeping is a lot more than shot stopping these days!! X 

Hmmm. Was he calm when he clattered Vardy 25 yards from goal? I suppose he was calm when he stood five yards out of position for Okazaki's goal at Vardy's initial shot. Don't get me wrong I want him to do well for us but he's been kept out of the side all season by Guzan for a reason.

We need a new keeper.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I think it will be waiting on work permit approval before being officially confirmed.

I hope not because that might take some time. Could we not do the signing subject to getting a work permit? I had hoped for a press conference today but it seems we are in no hurry.   

1 hour ago, John said:

I hope not because that might take some time. Could we not do the signing subject to getting a work permit? I had hoped for a press conference today but it seems we are in no hurry.   

Sod the work permit just pay him cash in hand, it'll be fine.

1 hour ago, John said:

When was the last time a signing got announced via a press conference?

We may have done all the photos and stuff ready for the announcement, but it would be pretty silly to announce it only for it to get cancelled because of a work permit issue.

Â