Lovre Kalinić

mwj

46 minutes ago, Daweii said:

He parries a lot.. We're going to need our defenders to really be on their game when a big shot comes in. I'm fine with keepers parrying out of play but some of those he parried right back into open play and it concerns me that while he looks a good shot stopper, we may concede goals because Lescott or Okore or anyone back at the time will be flat footed unable to react. All in all though looks a good keeper, can't be any worse than Guzan at this point who is the worst keeper in the Premier League by some margin.

A very good post. I planned to say something similar, but you've said it better. 

To those who say he parries a lot are you basing that on that YouTube video alone? As normally montages show the flashier bits not the boring easy saves. Also any parties he did do went away from the danger area. He must be crap at coming for crosses as there wasn't any of those on there I think or maybe that's too boring for a montage. 

37 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah I would put absolutely no stock in a youtube video.  But in his defence, while it doesn't prove he's any good, it doesn't prove he's shit either.  It is what it is.  Let's see what he does ITSOTP.

Exactly, I made the same comment on the parrying previously in the speculation thread. I think a YT clip for a goal keeper is useless. Hopefully his shot stopping is up to par, but hopefully he can catch too? Also how does he command and Marshall his defence? He has the physical attributes though. Large-ish price,hopefully he is decent, is he a Garde or moneyball dept. signing?

video makes him look like a good shot stopper and he looks quick to low shots. I expect with his height he be commanding at set-pieces which we have needed for a while. Other thing is we need an organiser at the back and he looks an angry keeper

though thats just from a 3 minute video so we will have to wait and see

Â