Lovre Kalinić

mwj

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

**** ridiculous really, he'll be paying more tax than most people in the country pay, this sort of thinking will actually cost this country money.

Its absolutely ridiculous.  He is coming towork yet you have people who come over and dont contribute anything into the system 

It isn't anything to do with tax, the taxman doesn't make the decision, a panel of individuals decides on appeals and they rejected it (based on footballing reasons, i.e. not good enough/won't contribute to the Premier League).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

It isn't anything to do with tax, the taxman doesn't make the decision, a panel of individuals decides on appeals and they rejected it (based on footballing reasons, i.e. not good enough/won't contribute to the Premier League).

I'm well aware of that. It was a response to people saying 'why reject Kalinic when he'll be paying thousands of pounds a week in tax' and other similar sentiments. I'm aware it has nothing to do with the decision. 

• Like 1

ummm, so some panel of unnamed individuals looks at our club's transfer plans and says the player we want to bring in isn't good enough?

Where was this panel when we got the Djemba twins and Tonev, and Sylla, and Zog, and (you get the picture)?  Can we just hire these guys to be our scouting system?

The tax thing is more a comment on the UK than football, obviously as a club we will employ a goal keeper on a decent wage no matter what, however outside of that context, and not in the context of what the daily mail is saying but just walking round pretty much any town or city in the UK, we're surrounded by immigrants and this is an immigration decision, when saying he'll contribute £x in tax it's not comparing him to another goalkeeper, it's comparing him to the 7.5m immigrants that we did deem suitable to come and live here

Yeah I agree but look at how the government has pimped out London. To foreign millionaires, we have an open door policy to rich immigrants

And according to the rules the more this kid gets paid the more points he'll score, because it's a low fee and low wages he scores low, that Brazilian Liverpool are after for £25m and no doubt £80k a week will score high, so they do reward paying higher wages

42 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I sitll don't get it though, Croatia became part of the EU in 2013, he should automatically qualify and not require a work permit!!

The existing member states placed restrictions on them when they joined to try and stem the flow of 'undesirables' coming straight over. Thye do not get free movement until 2018 (as 5 year's is all it takes to bring thier people up to speed apparently). Until then they are bound by restrictions on work and trade.

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

It would be a pretty crappy immigration policy that decided the merits of your application based on how much money you had. Being rich shouldn't buy your way into everything.

Why break with a british tradition?

Do we have a second appeal then? Or is this now dead?

• Like 1

I sitll don't get it though, Croatia became part of the EU in 2013, he should automatically qualify and not require a work permit!!

They are not part of Schengen until later this year apparently...

6 minutes ago, mwj said:

They are not part of Schengen until later this year apparently...

Schengen may well be dismantled this year anyway (EDIT: and the UK isn't part of the Schengen agreement).  

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The tax thing is more a comment on the UK than football, obviously as a club we will employ a goal keeper on a decent wage no matter what, however outside of that context, and not in the context of what the daily mail is saying but just walking round pretty much any town or city in the UK, we're surrounded by immigrants and this is an immigration decision, when saying he'll contribute £x in tax it's not comparing him to another goalkeeper, it's comparing him to the 7.5m immigrants that we did deem suitable to come and live here

I don't want to turn this into a bolitics thread, but you can't judge every single immigration decision by their economic contribution. It doesn't account for marriage, and it doesn't account for people fleeing from war, for just two obvious examples. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Â