Lovre Kalinić

mwj

2 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Hmmm. Was he calm when he clattered Vardy 25 yards from goal? I suppose he was calm when he stood five yards out of position for Okazaki's goal at Vardy's initial shot. Don't get me wrong I want him to do well for us but he's been kept out of the side all season by Guzan for a reason.

We need a new keeper.

He wasn't out of position for vardys lob....how many times!!...jeeez

;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Hmmm. Was he calm when he clattered Vardy 25 yards from goal? I suppose he was calm when he stood five yards out of position for Okazaki's goal at Vardy's initial shot. Don't get me wrong I want him to do well for us but he's been kept out of the side all season by Guzan for a reason.

We need a new keeper.

You've totally missed the point!!! I know we need a new keeper the point is a keeper is more than just shot stopping he sets the tone to the defence. An erratic keeper like Guzan spreads to the defence. Bunn isn't good enough but look how calm he is to the defence when he collects the ball etc that settles them down. There's no dramatics when he does something good or bad. I hope Kalinic brings a lot more talent and sets the tone for the defence. 

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Do Croatians need work permits? they are a EU country after all and I be worried we would get one as he not a regular starter for Croatia

Apparently they might. Kramaric did when he signed for Leicester anyway.

Quote: Even though Croatia became part of the EU in 2013, their Freedom of Movement of Workers status can still be blocked by member states...

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/does-Croatia-striker-Andrej-Kramaric-need-work/story-25826070-detail/story.html

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Do Croatians need work permits? they are a EU country after all and I be worried we would get one as he not a regular starter for Croatia

QUOTE : While Croatia is a new member of the EU its citizens are still subject to restrictions on working and a work permit is necessary for the country’s footballers to play in the Premier League.

From this link provided nothing has changed since January last year.

Said this before, bloke on £10k a week, piss poor tax maths says that's £4k a week in tax, £208k a year contribution in tax

If you spend 50 years working on the national average (still £25k?) you will contribute £140k in tax in your lifetime

Work permits in my head just seem like such an outdated shit system

And this stuff about English kids, we can sign 42 French kids if we want so that's bollocks, Gael Clichey has a home grown status for Man City, it's completely flawed

Said this before, bloke on £10k a week, piss poor tax maths says that's £4k a week in tax, £208k a year contribution in tax

If you spend 50 years working on the national average (still £25k?) you will contribute £140k in tax in your lifetime

And this stuff about English kids, we can sign 42 French kids if we want so that's bollocks, Gael Clichey has a home grown status for Man City, it's completely flawed

Yeh that will go down well with the UKIP lot.

You realise it's because football players are governed by the same immigration laws as the rest of us, right?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But if we can't sign a foreign footballer, we won't replace him with a bloke on the minimum wage will we?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

When was the last time a signing got announced via a press conference?

We may have done all the photos and stuff ready for the announcement, but it would be pretty silly to announce it only for it to get cancelled because of a work permit issue.

The last time we made a really big signing I guess (so quite a long time ago)? Or could it be that we do not have enough seats for a press conference given the number of players we are bringing in? ;) I guess I am just a bit keen to see a new name on the back of the programme before it is too late....

Would it help his/our case if we deport another foreigner?

Guzan or Sanchez springs to mind even thou I'm sure they are model citizens.

Also completely ridiculous that a Croatian national team GK can't get a work permit

Edit: Can't he claim his mothers cousins hamsters former owner was half Italian? Seems to work for 100% of all Argentinians playing in Europe

Edited by sne

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest, and I don't think it's too far from the mark to suggest the reasoning at the Home Office amounts to little more than "Villa want him?  That's not a good enough level.  Reject it".  Even though it's a record for a Croatian international goalkeeper.

Has there been any remotely official confirmation of this, because that a European international playing regularly in top tier European league wouldn't be allowed to come and work here, sounds like sh*t-stirring bullcrap to me.

• Like 1

Â