Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

5 hours ago, useless said:

What i meant by that is that it's Lerner who's doing the cost cutting. We'd be in the same situation whether Hollis was here or not.

Hollis does not care about the Villa, he is actively unwilling to ask for investment to help us at our lowest point. And I dread to think this smug word removed lecturing to us about finances next season as we struggle. I hope every supporter criticises him for the way the club operates, he deserves it. Besides, Hollis is a City supporter and probably (privately) enjoyed the last game to see his heroes.

I was genuinely excited about the appointment of the chairman, I thought this move will bring some ambition back to the club - we will get a person who has the drive, ambition and profile to improve the club's fortunes but we get the opposite, the same old disappointment with the tired excuses attached. It is like we have re-started (post-MON) 2010 again, we are going to be talking about finances for the next five years again, but this time in the Championship.

Hollis's only concern is Randy Lerner FC, not improving the club, team, results. He can rot with the Yank for all I care. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

Remi is appointed and promised backing by Fox

Hollis comes in, stamps his authority by denying the manager just enough of his targets to prevent him from quitting

All fire should be aimed at Hollis here. He has missed the point entirely.

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Remi is appointed and promised backing by Fox

Hollis comes in, stamps his authority by denying the manager just enough of his targets to prevent him from quitting

All fire should be aimed at Hollis here. He has missed the point entirely.

That's not he chairman's job, that's not what a chairman does. The administrator in charge of Aston Villa is the CEO which is Tom Fox.  Fox is in charge of running the business so all fire should not be aimed at Hollis. You seem to misunderstand the role of a chairman

Just now, KHV said:

That's not he chairman's job, that's not what a chairman does. The administrator in charge of Aston Villa is the CEO which is Tom Fox.  Fox is in charge of running the business so all fire should not be aimed at Hollis. You seem to misunderstand the role of a chairman

I'm not sure any job spec at Villa is written down or understood by anyone other than Randy. It was Hollis at the supporters meeting that spelt out what was going to happen this window, that we wouldn't be doing anything like the business of those near us, but that there would be funds for strategic targets (Kallinic and Doumbia). That wasn't Fox speaking. Hollis is Randy, and from all the evidence available is the voice of the board, the board being pretty much Randy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silafou's_besi_mate said:

My view on completly Hollis change when I found this out:

When Villa did the Macron deal, Macron asked how many shirts Villa wanted produced.  The powers that be took the numbers that they got from Nike and asked Macron to produce the same amount.  Except they forgot to check how many Nike sold themselves, for example 15k were sold through Nike Town, 10k were sold in China etc.  This has meant there has been a surplus of Macron shirts and this year that surplus was 40,000.  So left with a surplus of 40,000 Villa shirts, the powers that be met a few weeks ago to discuss what to do them with.    Other ideas were discussed, but the main one discussed was the option to sell the shirts for £1 for those that attended certain games to drive attendance during the closing stages of the season.  Hollis then spoke up and said that for the £40k of revenue they'd get for selling the shirts for £1, it wasn't worth the aggravation it would cause as it would drive complaints from those that had purchased shirts at a higher price for Christmas presents etc.  Hollis said it would be better to burn them.

So guess what they did last week behind the offices at Villa - yes, they burned 40,000 Villa shirts in two skips!!!

An Aston Villa Chairman authorising the burning of Villa shirts, any shirt, is disgusting and shows the complete lack of respect to Aston Villa and understanding of what Villa means to fans like me and you.

Just think what we could have done with those shirts to drive goodwill - give them away to fans for the last game of the season? You could have even give them away to charity/people less fortunate than ourselves.  But no, we decided to burn them!

I am speechless...

To be fair, you couldn't give them away. The shirt of the season we got relegated. Also, I think most tramps get enough abuse from passer-bys already... 

A better plan would have been a world record breaking attempt where at tonight's half-time we try to dress Nzogbia in as many shirts at one time as possible...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silafou's_besi_mate said:

When Villa did the Macron deal, Macron asked how many shirts Villa wanted produced.  The powers that be took the numbers that they got from Nike and asked Macron to produce the same amount.  Except they forgot to check how many Nike sold themselves, for example 15k were sold through Nike Town, 10k were sold in China etc.  This has meant there has been a surplus of Macron shirts and this year that surplus was 40,000.  So left with a surplus of 40,000 Villa shirts, the powers that be met a few weeks ago to discuss what to do them with.    Other ideas were discussed, but the main one discussed was the option to sell the shirts for £1 for those that attended certain games to drive attendance during the closing stages of the season.  Hollis then spoke up and said that for the £40k of revenue they'd get for selling the shirts for £1, it wasn't worth the aggravation it would cause as it would drive complaints from those that had purchased shirts at a higher price for Christmas presents etc.  Hollis said it would be better to burn them.

So guess what they did last week behind the offices at Villa - yes, they burned 40,000 Villa shirts in two skips!!!

An Aston Villa Chairman authorising the burning of Villa shirts, any shirt, is disgusting and shows the complete lack of respect to Aston Villa and understanding of what Villa means to fans like me and you.

Just think what we could have done with those shirts to drive goodwill - give them away to fans for the last game of the season? You could have even give them away to charity/people less fortunate than ourselves.  But no, we decided to burn them!

I am speechless...

is this serious mate?

the fact our shirt / badge gets burned is bastard disgusting

10 minutes ago, Silafou's_besi_mate said:

I am speechless...

I'm not. He's a buiness man and it was the correct business decision. As a human however they should have been given away to charities.

Edited by villa89

Just now, Jareth said:

To be fair, you couldn't give them away. The shirt of the season we got relegated. Also, I think most tramps get enough abuse from passer-bys already... 

A better plan would have been a world record breaking attempt where at tonight's half-time we try to dress Nzogbia in as many shirts at one time as possible...

the thought of a multishirted nzogbia made me laugh :)

• Like 1

Send them around the world, drum up support everywhere, clothe people who don't have clothes.

Burning them is daft and it has nothing to do with 'they're burning the badge of Aston Villa'

• Like 3

Â