Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I can't be bothered to write a full response but in short I except nothing from a Chairman except to 1) keep quiet until you know what you're talking about and 2) do all you can to allow Garde, our best chance of a better future to do his job.

This.

8 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

1) keep quiet until you know what you're talking about

2) do all you can to allow Garde, our best chance of a better future to do his job.

What's he said that's upset you so much?

On 29/01/2016 at 13:37, KHV said:

What's he said that's upset you so much?

I can only think you've not read his comments ?

Not only very negative, but also either very very naiveor, if he knows what rubbish he was speaking, very insulting to imagine we'd swallow it.

He is our very own Doctor Beeching, and will, like that man, ultimately be remembered for thinking you can cut your way to excellence.

Steve,  sorry mate not wanting to upset you but it's a job above your pay grade. I totally understand why you took it but I can't for the life of me understand why you were offered it. To me , and again I'm sorry, you are nowhere near the profile for this role and it just highlights what we have become. Second rate.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Richard said:

Steve,  sorry mate not wanting to upset you but it's a job above your pay grade. I totally understand why you took it but I can't for the life of me understand why you were offered it. To me , and again I'm sorry, you are nowhere near the profile for this role and it just highlights what we have become. Second rate.

IMO you are incorrect in thinking he is not up for the job.

He may well be not up to the job of running a football Club in a progressive way, but I don't think that is the job he was hired for at all.

The one he was hired for he is, I think, probably very well suited for !

Hes a liquidator, no more no less.

His approach over the next 2 days will affect the club for the next 10 years.No support for Garde, capitulation, will send a message to supporters, clients, sponsors, supporters, that will have consequences far reaching than this season.Capitulation now will make player recruitment, and indeed retention, of players of this clubs calibre virtually impossible.

This blokes appointment is possibly the worst appointment ever, he is an absolute disaster.Hopefully he will prove me wrong and go on and buy 2 top quality forwards, bearing in mind that the 4 above us have spent over £100m.

Not holding my breath though.

• Like 1

Just now, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Hes a liquidator, no more no less.

His approach over the next 2 days will affect the club for the next 10 years.No support for Garde, capitulation, will send a message to supporters, clients, sponsors, supporters, that will have consequences far reaching than this season.Capitulation now will make player recruitment, and indeed retention, of players of this clubs calibre virtually impossible.

This blokes appointment is possibly the worst appointment ever, he is an absolute disaster.Hopefully he will prove me wrong and go on and buy 2 top quality forwards, bearing in mind that the 4 above us have spent over £100m.

Not holding my breath though.

Was going to 'like' this but you went and spoilt it with your hopes........"abandon all hope ye who enter here".

Hey, perhaps that could be our "This Is Anfield" sign ?

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

IMO you are incorrect in thinking he is not up for the job.

He may well be not up to the job of running a football Club in a progressive way, but I don't think that is the job he was hired for at all.

The one he was hired for he is, I think, probably very well suited for !

It doesn't matter what job he was appointed for he is not up to it

I see him as a guy who would go into Marks and Spencers and maybe turn its fortunes around. A football club has completely different rules. It will be next to impossible to turn our fortunes around cost cutting and treating us fans like its consumers, which was not a slip of the tongue.

I have a bad feeling Randy has set Hollis the task of asset stripping the club to line his own pockets before selling us on to anyone for a knock-down price.

Selling land, as much as we joke is probably on the agenda... :(

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I have a bad feeling Randy has set Hollis the task of asset stripping the club to line his own pockets before selling us on to anyone for a knock-down price.

Selling land, as much as we joke is probably on the agenda... :(

Ironically there have been some suggesting this would be the outcome for years. :/

• Like 1

Â