Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Send them around the world, drum up support everywhere, clothe people who don't have clothes.

Burning them is daft and it has nothing to do with 'they're burning the badge of Aston Villa'

The transportation costs would be too much for Hatchet Hollis. 

It's actually a really fitting metaphor for what the three musketeers (Randy, Tom and Hatchet) are achieving here, they are literally enacting a scorched earth policy on this club.  

14 minutes ago, Silafou's_besi_mate said:

My view on completly Hollis change when I found this out:

When Villa did the Macron deal, Macron asked how many shirts Villa wanted produced.  The powers that be took the numbers that they got from Nike and asked Macron to produce the same amount.  Except they forgot to check how many Nike sold themselves, for example 15k were sold through Nike Town, 10k were sold in China etc.  This has meant there has been a surplus of Macron shirts and this year that surplus was 40,000.  So left with a surplus of 40,000 Villa shirts, the powers that be met a few weeks ago to discuss what to do them with.    Other ideas were discussed, but the main one discussed was the option to sell the shirts for £1 for those that attended certain games to drive attendance during the closing stages of the season.  Hollis then spoke up and said that for the £40k of revenue they'd get for selling the shirts for £1, it wasn't worth the aggravation it would cause as it would drive complaints from those that had purchased shirts at a higher price for Christmas presents etc.  Hollis said it would be better to burn them.

So guess what they did last week behind the offices at Villa - yes, they burned 40,000 Villa shirts in two skips!!!

An Aston Villa Chairman authorising the burning of Villa shirts, any shirt, is disgusting and shows the complete lack of respect to Aston Villa and understanding of what Villa means to fans like me and you.

Just think what we could have done with those shirts to drive goodwill - give them away to fans for the last game of the season? You could have even give them away to charity/people less fortunate than ourselves.  But no, we decided to burn them!

I am speechless...

is this for real? There is a large surplus every season thats why they sell them for £10 come march!

1 minute ago, useless said:

This Hollis guy is turning out to be an absolute PR disaster.

Yep, "great business decision" I'm told by a post above. However if/when the local press get hold of this it will not look like such a great decision from a reputation/brand management perspective will it?

3 minutes ago, Silafou's_besi_mate said:

Yes, this is serious.  Yes this is true.  I totally agree, burning the badge is disgusting.  I found out yesterday, but was so upset that I couldn't even write about it on here until today.

I would just like to point out, that if this information is in fact true, and your source is credible, then you really ought to contact the local press (e.g. B'Ham Mail) about this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I would just like to point out, that if this information is in fact true, and your source is credible, then you really ought to contact the local press (e.g. B'Ham Mail) about this.

100000% this - If this is true people need to know about it.

The season isn't even over yet, why would they set ligtht to stock that they could still make money from? I know for a fact, two Boro fans I know, got last season's home shirt for £5. One wears it for 5-a-side, the other for running. Ther e was also a Chelsea fan I work with, who was going to buy one, when he found out how cheap they were, for the same purpose, but they'd sold out before he could get one. Why wouldn't they do it again?  

Just now, London Villa said:

100000% this - If this is true people need to know about it.

Anything that can precipitate a massive shit storm to rain down on Lerner, Hollis and Fox will be to the clubs (long run) advantage. As far as I'm concerned Hollis can **** off back to PWC (or whatever big 4 consultancy this word removed is from) and count beans. 

• Like 1

If that's true about the shirt burning, which I am sceptical of, then it is really disgraceful. Not from a romantic standpoint of 'you shouldn't burn something so sacred', but ****, why not give them to charity, kids that need clothing, people in poverty?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

If that's true about the shirt burning, which I am sceptical of, then it is really disgraceful. Not from a romantic standpoint of 'you shouldn't burn something so sacred', but ****, why not give them to charity, kids that need clothing, people in poverty?

I wouldn't be surprised if they went down the route of the Abercrombie & Fitch CEO which was to burn unsold stock because giving it away to the 'wrong kinds of people' devalued the brand in his eyes.

• Like 1

If true it also indicates the extreme lengths the people in charge are prepared to go through, in order to cut costs, it's almost as if we're in administration. A warning sign of things to come.

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep, "great business decision" I'm told by a post above. However if/when the local press get hold of this it will not look like such a great decision from a reputation/brand management perspective will it?

It's not just this shirt burning rumour, but everything he says seems rile people up the wrong way.

Could of easily given them to charity or shipped them out to 3rd world or Syria refugees and got some good PR.

Or even had people like Grealish doing some extra hours signing them and shipping them on ebay etc.

This Holis guy is a total phucktard

• Like 1

I don't believe this rumour at all.

At the very least the club would have sold the shirts to a company that would re-use them in some way. Either recycling the material into another form of textiles or more likely have them rag-bagged and sold to manufacturing companies who would use them to clean up grease. There will have been some way of using that amount of material to make a commercial gain and some firm would have bought them off us. With his 'liquidator background' he would have had us look for a way to make money off them; even if it was only a few hundred quid.

Â