Ratings and Reactions: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

I like their manager seems a decent sort. Give him the job.

I was thinking the same thing, get Ainsworth in the coaching set up as Asst Manager and then when Garde moves on give him the Managers job.

Showed passion kicking every ball on the side line and his tactics were spot on.

I would get him I asap

14 minutes ago, tarjei said:

Anyone notice that 40-50 yard burst by Lyden to get into the box not long after he came on. It was almost like he expected a cross to come in. Get on the level with the rest of the lads, Jordan! Be passive and stand around waiting, please.

This is why i would play the kids, they play with this type of believe. Start the kids with the best of our first team and see what they offer in the replay. Poor display today, won very few 50/50 balls.

It was a penalty for me, Westwood never got near the ball, his body took the player out and his hand hit the players head. What he was thinking when challenging like that in the penalty area is beyond me.

Well played Wycombe, your players did you proud.

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Today was not a surprise. Gutless. It was only the 'superior conditioning' of Premier League fitness that got us out of jail to get a draw. That's how garbage things have become. 

Really, though, what is avfc about nowadays? We stand for absolutely nothing. It was like when Liverpool kept banging on about how classy a club they were but then, behind the scenes, they were tapping up players left, right and centre and buying land that should have been used for low cost housing. When there's no philosophy, no heart or idea in a club with the history of ours, then I'm sorry but we're f***ed. We'll be treading water, at best, for years to come.

Before Klopp turned up at Dortmund, they'd lost their way as a club, removed themselves from the working class roots that had basically formed them. The Villa we are watching is totally devoid of anything. Lerner and a Fox bang on about understanding the history of the club. Reading a book doesn't mean you were there. This is the gentrification of football and its seeping into the team (I use the word 'team' rather loosely).

They have no idea that what we want isn't necessarily Barcelona every f***ing week, but a team who turn up to do their jobs and give everything for it. That's what Birmingham as a city, and the West Midlands as an area, is all about. 

Veretout gave an interview the other day when he said about the history of the club. Give the, all a damn history lesson. Show them Shaun Teale, Kevin Richardson, Peter Withe, Paul McGrath, Martin Laursen, Olof Mellberg. Show them people who gave a sh*t. 

Resolution: play the f***ing kids and people who give a damn. 

take them to the lap dancing club John Carew spent so much money in

The replay should be free for people who went to this game/ season ticket holders. A bit of PR, get a decentish crowd and is the least fans deserve after watching years of drivel. Otherwise I can see the crowd being less than 15k. But I also await comments that even free it's not worth it!

• Like 4

Surely we can at least take solace in the fact that Wycombe are a pretty good fourth division side. So at least these players can relax a bit that if they all see their contracts out then at least we dont have to worry too much about non league football in 2019.

Ayew, I like him. Amavi looked class to me before the injury, Veretout seems to have a bit about him. Gil should be playing where Sinclair was today, good player but always going to cut inside when deployed on the right. Micah seems to me to have a great attitude and I think him fronting up to the fans earlier is a good thing - cant see our other captain doing anything similar. Hutton both tries and is trying at the same time.

They're the only positives I can find from today or this season as a whole. Cant say I honestly believe any of those players will be here for next season though.

Before this game,  I was starting to doubt Garde, but having seen him on the sideline today, I can see that he is as frustrated and angry as the rest of us .

I hope he is given time, albeit in the Championship,  to build something. 

Not sure that being angry and frustrated is sufficient qualification to hang on to a manager's job. On that basis, we'd have hept Sherwood.

Garde has to show he had some clue how to get players to perform better and the jury is definitely out on that one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just watched a clip of the players getting onto the bus to an absolute volley of abuse (most of it from two fellas) - unpleasant and embarrassing. There has to be a better way than that.

Yes don't turn up for the games.

• Like 1

Some of our fans really don't help, the noise we generated in the first half was pretty good but there were some poisonous idiots in there who started having a go at me during the Lerner Out chants. In the 2nd half I moved to the front of the stand to the far left down on the walkway, and Bacuna got the ball on the right-wing and the abuse he got whilst he was on the ball from some fans was horrendous.... And Veretout taking a corner, just as he's about to strike the ball some kids shouted the W word at him to put him off. Really? So that's the best way of getting players to perform is to shout vile abuse at them while they're playing? Some people really need to get behind the team because it does make a difference. The photographer in front of me and I shared this look of bewilderment at each other with the Veretout corner kick incident.

Yes, it was an awful performance, the 2nd half was one of the worst displays I've seen from us, but f'ing and blinding at the players whilst they're trying to attack won't help anyone. Yes, we all have the freedom to express ourselves, but being constructive is also a good idea.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Some of our fans really don't help, the noise we generated in the first half was pretty good but there were some poisonous idiots in there who started having a go at me during the Lerner Out chants. In the 2nd half I moved to the front of the stand to the far left down on the walkway, and Bacuna got the ball on the right-wing and the abuse he got whilst he was on the ball from some fans was horrendous.... And Veretout taking a corner, just as he's about to strike the ball some kids shouted the W word at him to put him off. Really? So that's the best way of getting players to perform is to shout vile abuse at them while they're playing? Some people really need to get behind the team because it does make a difference. The photographer in front of me and I shared this look of bewilderment at each other with the Veretout corner kick incident.

Yes, it was an awful performance, the 2nd half was one of the worst displays I've seen from us, but f'ing and blinding at the players whilst they're trying to attack won't help anyone. Yes, we all have the freedom to express ourselves, but being constructive is also a good idea.

we have some real full time tossers who follow the villa away some games. regarding the game i cant be arsed to analyse it but its fair to say im very defeated.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Yes, it was an awful performance, the 2nd half was one of the worst displays I've seen from us, but f'ing and blinding at the players whilst they're trying to attack won't help anyone. Yes, we all have the freedom to express ourselves, but beinconstructive is also a good idea.

I wasn't going to comment regarding today but then I read the above from     DeadlyDirk. I went today because I have relatives in the area and yes I think the display was somewhat embarrassing but I'm more embarrassed by some of our fans.   The abuse today at times is really poisonous - yes I am all for showing passion and fight and these players are not Demi-Gods that we have no right to question but  honestly we're better than looking like scum. I stayed behind to watch the players go and I haven't seen the Twitter footage but again - just embarrassing! Have to say it was mainly 3 guys I think at the front of the coach but there were children wanting a glimpse of the players and the language and hatred towards the players was  disgusting!  It just cannot help the cause!!   Finally, the only thing I didn't like (if true) is one fan close to me said that Bacuna was laughing as he got on the coach. If this was the case it certainly wouldn't have helped the situation.  Not a great day and cannot see where improvement will come from unless we dip into the market for some fresh faces! Love the reading of posts, discussion and at times difference of opinions on here but please keep the faith everyone and let's at least as fans stick together!!

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, spiezels said:

Check the video on my old man said facey B page if you want to see abuse. Really are some words removed following our team.

That video doing the rounds, plus the video from the Sunderland game.... Great advert for the club for potential new players to see isn't it. Do they not realise the damage they're doing to the club? Horrible pieces of work.

• Like 1