Ratings and Reactions: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Our fan representative didn't seem the most articulate and was just playing the no passion card *yawn* . Richards showing is lack of brain cells in entertaining him.  But no big deal overall. 

Edited by supernova26

Anyone who defended the players as trying their hardest must be struggling after that, so many bottled tackles, embarrassing

Learners fault, Tom Fox's fault, gardes fault...all excuses, can't see how anyone can defend those players 

Edited by villa4europe

Before this game,  I was starting to doubt Garde, but having seen him on the sideline today, I can see that he is as frustrated and angry as the rest of us .

I hope he is given time, albeit in the Championship,  to build something. 

• Like 3

Absolute garbage team no defence no midfield no attack, do not see all the fuss about gill going off as you could play him in a shoebox , he is never going to hurt a team because he never moves forward. Training ground showboating nothing that will frighten the opposition.

Gestede wins plenty of headers, just none of them end up in the goal, if he heads it on there is no one ahead of him to run onto them.

the best he manages is heading the ball down to a player in midfield, who then ends up playing it backwards.

Kozak looked well of the pace in his sub appearence but i'd still stick him in ahead of Gestede

Edited by VillanousOne

3 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

Absolute garbage team no defence no midfield no attack, do not see all the fuss about gill going off as you could play him in a shoebox , he is never going to hurt a team because he never moves forward. Training ground showboating nothing that will frighten the opposition.

i disagree the problem for Gil is he has no one intelligent enough to make a run or move in to space for him to pass too. This results in him having to go it alone, and with him being lightweight this normally results him getting knocked off the ball and lose posession. This happens week in week out for him, if only we had a striker that could make runs in behind the defence instead of the statue called Gestede.

• Like 1

Bunn 6 - Did what he was expected to do but showed the kicker which way to put the penalty by moving too early. 

Richards 5 - Captain of the strangest defensive line I've seen by virtue of him being so far up the field compared to the others

Okore 6 

Clarke 6 

Richardson 5 - Did ok but incredibly frustrating decisions made on the ball

Gana 5 - I like his work rate but he should never be allowed within 25 yards of their goal without an obvious pass available to him.

Sinclair 2 - Probably the worse I have seen him play, a shadow of the player in last years FA Cup

Westwood 2 - This doesn't include the penalty because I don't believe it should have been given but his passing, tackling and distribution against a league 2 team don't look anything like I've ever expected of an Aston Villa player in 45 years of watching us.

Gil 7 - Class act but lightweight and I could understand him being substituted sadly

Bacuna 4 - Probably took 80 mins to work out what he was meant to be doing because of where Richards was playing.

Gestede 1 - He does know that he is allowed to move doesn't he? 

Subs - Not going to comment apart from Congrats to Lyden on your debut.

Poor Ref - never a penalty

Their players are going to be disappointed because one of them said they are looking forward to the replay in front of a big crowd. On the other hand I can see them winning.

Back to the Villa, they ain't just lacking confidence, that was one of the most lethargic and uncoordinated performances I have ever seen. 

Expect a comfortable Palace win in midweek and I take no joy in saying that at all. The whole place needs a massive clear out.

• Like 1

We didn't lose, so I can't be too unhappy about the result. This was always going to be difficult to us.

We were poor, as always. Richardson my MotM for the couple runs towards the end. Old man had more spark than others combined.

Bad news is there's now an extra game in this terrible season.

• Like 1

Anyone notice that 40-50 yard burst by Lyden to get into the box not long after he came on. It was almost like he expected a cross to come in. Get on the level with the rest of the lads, Jordan! Be passive and stand around waiting, please.

• Like 1

Nothing new here, an absolute shambles. No creativity, no spine, no guts. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that pretty much any team in the Football League has a chance against this Villa side. We're just such a stupid team (in a football sense), it's unbelievable. Constant mental errors, wrong decisions, poor final balls.

My interest in watching Villa (even with football in general) is just crumbling week after week, which is a shame. I'm just sick of seeing the club in this state. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Nothing new here, an absolute shambles. No creativity, no spine, no guts. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that pretty much any team in the Football League has a chance against this Villa side. We're just such a stupid team (in a football sense), it's unbelievable. Constant mental errors, wrong decisions, poor final balls.

My interest in watching Villa (even with football in general) is just crumbling week after week, which is a shame. I'm just sick of seeing the club in this state. 

This, thank God it's not just me...