Ratings and Reactions: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

A awful performance against a side we should have brushed aside with a routine win if we were actually a premier league club. Wycombe were poor and Villa were abysmal for the second half. The midfield was trully shocking and a lost times the amount of times we just gave the ball  to them. Though this has been happening for years. Gestede is a cart horse and we don't play to is (only) strengths. Sinclair is many things, but not a striker.    Re the crowd at the end of the match-I think the villa fans have been very patient for the last 6 years and it's about time the rest of the footballing world just realised how unbelievably badly run this club has been this decade.  If Villa was a Italian club, the ultras would have burnt down the training ground by now.

The reply is about 50/50 for us to win it.  Palace should not be worried for Tuesday.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Someone said to me why clap them and boo our own players?

Their players ran themselves in to the ground and played their hearts out, ours didn't

It really is that simple, it's not about how good you are or what the results are, if the fans think you'll run through walls for their team then the fans will appreciate it

• Like 1

Didn't enjoy the idiot behind me who felt the need to c-out the Wycombe fans every time they gave us 'that's why you're going down' and replying with 'you're f--king league two' yes they are and we didn't beat them so get off your pedestal. For me the highlight of the game was the gallows humour when we were 1-0 up. I think we all knew it wouldn't last.

Also the guy in the trees. That was funny.

I thankfully only had to get a £12 taxi from my house to the game but that felt like money wasted. A friend of mine who is a Wycombe fan is delighted with a replay, and to be honest, I almost feel like I'm done with this team.

But then I know I'll be hovering around the match thread for Palace.

I'm torn between really not wanting to care and being desperately upset at the way the club and team are now.

• Like 3

**** off Michael Oliver that is an absoloute joke of a decision. That being said the fact that we have to rely on the referee's to make certain decisions in order to beat a league 2 side tells you everything you need to know about this club

Edited by Arj Guy

Weren't happy with the way they cocked up with seat allocation, got there just after kick off (parking was horrible!), and we all just got ferried up to the far end and surprise surprise, no seats left! I took the 2nd half on the ground by the gate which seperated Away from home fans...

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Someone said to me why clap them and boo our own players?

Their players ran themselves in to the ground and played their hearts out, ours didn't

It really is that simple, it's not about how good you are or what the results are, if the fans think you'll run through walls for their team then the fans will appreciate it

games like this are about application and attitude not about skill. If we did that it would be a comfortable win 99 times out of 100. We had about 4 or 5 players that showed these traits and 2 of them came off the bench while Wycombe had nearly everybody show it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Anyway, that video and the abuse represented a minority of the club. What I thought was class about our fans, and I joined in with this aswell, was clapping the Wycombe players off the pitch at the end. But of course, the media won't pick up on this, because it wont sell newspapers.

You'll be pleased by the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35272648

The Villa fans were more generous to the Wanderers players, who they applauded from the field. 

"It's great and just fantastic for the Villa fans to clap us off, because they are in a bit of disarray at the moment," said Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth. "So for them to have the respect to do that for my boys, I'd just say thank you.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I still think clapping off Wycombe's players was a bit cringe-worthy.

its like clapping a player who scored a wonder goal or played a great game. Them Wycombe players deserve everything they got and showed our fans appreciated their heart plus it shows our own players how shit they are

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

I think our problem is a lack of two pacey wingers and much greater quality and competition up front, I think we can live with most of the rest. We used to be a team that played on the counter attack very well, but we are slow pedestrian in attack knowadays. 

agree, i think westwood is a huge part of the problem, he slows everything down and is too slow to play a ball 

6 hours ago, commander said:

agree, i think westwood is a huge part of the problem, he slows everything down and is too slow to play a ball 

For real! Westwood (aka 'The Crab') is utterly pointless, I could have his passing stats doing what he does for £30k per week, a three yard pass to the nearest player. No thrust, no energy, no assists, poor set pieces. It's a waste.

We all of a certain age bemoan the fact that the fans have no bonding with the players anymore, players used to go over to the fans and chat, sign autographs, etc. to see this video both saddens and sickens me. No player in any team deserves this much abuse, I get that fans feel they are not giving there all, are an embarrassment, in it purely for the money, but this reaction, no I will never believe it to be justified or productive.

As for the game it was as I expected. history is littered with lower league teams pulling off good results, and that is against a lot better teams than ours. It was there cup final, they needed a result to finance there club so they were always going to give 110%.

As for us, well we played to our usual standard, the penalty although soft was justified, to jump for the ball at height in the area with your foot leading is gross stupidity and made the refs decision easy. Although Gill had a reasonable game there was times when he could have done better with a will to run, a case in point was the interaction with him and Baccuna where the ball was played to the corner and Gill had stopped running. this could be seen all over the pitch. Watch closely and you will see the majority of our passing goes behind the players receiving the ball, a pass completion yes but poor passing non the less. Confidence is key to this as players want to ensure the pass does not get intercepted but it slows the game down and allows the opposition to regroup. this is what i thing Garde means about belief. we have a negative attitude believing the worst will happen believing that every time you make a mistake it will be punished with a goal.

The squad needs new blood and players coming in who can change things for the better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tarjei said:

Wow....

to be fair all you can do is laugh at that and then try to forget that people like that exist.

To be fair, That guy is only saying out loud what most people are feeling/thinking, Albeit a tad more fruity.