Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Well, consider me told

I will refrain from speculating in the speculation thread then as terrytini has spoken 

Please yourself ! I didn't tell you anything, I voiced my view, just like you.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

The only thing necessary for doom to wash over the unsuspecting masses on a fan forum is for twitter rumour to be passed onto Forum, then regurgitated as possible fact, then conclusions about the Clubs methodology drawn from that, and then the baton to be taken up with nobody saying "But hang on, there is no fact as yet in that ."

And your Post was followed by Pilchard saying "Its called panic ".

So now we have the Club being described as being in panic.

It just seems like yet another example of someone looking for, and choosing, a factually unsupported negative view.

I'm all for negative views, I am by no means in the 'everything is rosy' camp, but so no sense in assuming bad stuff for the hell of it.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Please yourself ! I didn't tell you anything, I voiced my view, just like you.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

The only thing necessary for doom to wash over the unsuspecting masses on a fan forum is for twitter rumour to be passed onto Forum, then regurgitated as possible fact, then conclusions about the Clubs methodology drawn from that, and then the baton to be taken up with nobody saying "But hang on, there is no fact as yet in that ."

And your Post was followed by Pilchard saying "Its called panic ".

So now we have the Club being described as being in panic.

It just seems like yet another example of someone looking for, and choosing, a factually unsupported negative view.

I'm all for negative views, I am by no means in the 'everything is rosy' camp, but so no sense in assuming bad stuff for the hell of it.

I'm almost tempted to give you a like based on the fact that you have completely gone OTT on your reply and started quoting Edmund Burke based on the fact I had innocently said that we appeared to be operating a scattergun approach to signing a striker. Considering its been Hernandez and Valencia over the last couple of days, then Kodija and Assombalonga, we do appear to be getting to a stage where we are getting a tad desperate, no doubt exaccerbated by our performances on the pitch presently

I'm not saying I would be disappointed with Assombalonga, but he's clearly not been in our top few choices this summer, IMO

• Like 1

Just now, AValon said:

If Assombalonga came in, would it signal the exit of Ayew?

Suits me fine if it did.

I think we need more numbers in. For Ayew to go, I'd want a couple of strikers, for depth, and a proper winger. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

adama wants out too!

Has there been any interest in him at all? I've heard nothing 

I would sell Ayew if we could,he is obviously not happy, see Grealishs goal and his non

celebration. We have to have everyone singing off the same sheet to get out of this league

Its the most important factor

Edited by pintpotvilla
mis spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dpt666 said:

Do you think Adama will play for us if he is still hear after Wednesday ? Would you want him too?

If he apologised and knuckled down then yes, I'd have him back in the squad as I think he could be a real asset

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

I would sell Ayew if we could,he is obvously not happy, see Grealishs goal and his non

celebration. We have to have everyone singing off the same sheetto get out of this league

Its the most important factor

Ah, the old sheetto.. Good times. I hear ya, my man! B)

• Like 2