Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Double deal for Assombalonga and Lansbury? Would both walk into our side at the moment I'd say, would both be brilliant. If we were gonna pay £20mil for Hernandez, I think we could sign those 2 for the same price 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skarroki said:

You've just described Jordan Ayew

hes not a character though.. hes the opposite of what i think we should get. He just looks miserable all the time. 

Also what about going for a 3rd choice keeper from the Premier League on loan. Boro bought Guzan and Valdes.. There number 1 last year? Is Arsenals Ospina still available? maybe get him on loan ? Myhill? Speroni? Even a back up from Spain? Got to be someone worth while. Begovic would be amazing.  

Edited by KSV

Couple of wingers who may be on the move, seems Newcastle are taking Atsu on loan with a view to perm, anyone take him. Also now the boggies have signed chadli looks like mcmanaman may be surplus, anyone take him?

• Like 1

Made me smile.......

"Pescara are attempting to PRISE Joleon Lescott away from Aston Villa. Sky Italia says Lescott are in advanced talks with the Serie A new-boys. Pescara are offering a one-year contract with an option for a second. AEK Athens have also come in with an improved proposal of two years at significantly higher wages. The centre-back turned 34 earlier this month [link]

• Like 4

Ok, this tread has moved on about 30 pages or more overnight, can mean one of two things - meltdown or boredom due to bank holiday/transfer window inactivity. I am guessing the latter as I see another new name I haven't heard of before: Assombolonga (is this a made up name from Carry on Tarzan?) - this is what happens in the Championship isn't it. 

Save me from reading back, nothing has happened has it?

4 hours ago, Richard said:

Couple of wingers who may be on the move, seems Newcastle are taking Atsu on loan with a view to perm, anyone take him. Also now the boggies have signed chadli looks like mcmanaman may be surplus, anyone take him?

No.

To be fair, we are creating chances. Just not putting them away. And then throwing the ball in our own net and collapsing.

Edited by Pilchard

Assombalonga is not world class and neither is Abel Hernandez. I think Dr Xia needs to look at the definition of the term before suggesting signings in that way again, purely because it'll come back to haunt him unless a player in that bracket is signed. Now, if we had signed Ibrahimovic he could have made that claim. Maybe next year Dr Xia? 

We  need a goalkeeper, a left back, a midfielder, a wide player and two forwards

We also need to offload Richards, Lescott, Kozak, Gabby, Traore, Amavi and Ayew

IMO

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

We  need a goalkeeper, a left back, a midfielder, a wide player and two forwards

IMO

Agree with the above except I would add a CB if we lose Richards and Lescott. 

13 minutes ago, KHV said:

IMO

I disagree with the last 3.

Amavi (once fully fit) will bring loads to our game.

Ayew has a lot of skill and can unlock a defence but needs some managing to get his head back in the game. 

Traore has bags of potential. The goal against the Baggies was ridiculous, he looked so strong & fast, basically steamrollered his way through. I feel for the guy a bit, hes only young and had only known Barcelona before he came here. Then he got injured which is rotten luck to be sitting around for months on end in a country he doesnt know. As per Ayew, if we can get his head right he could also become a huge asset (Barca didnt add a buy back clause for nothing).

Its just my opinion of course but if we can manage those 3 players properly they will definately give us an advantage.

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan
just realised what I did, it was Palace, not west brom (sorry, reading too many things at once here lol)

7 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Traore has bags of potential. The goal against the Baggies was ridiculous, he looked so strong & fast, basically steamrollered his way through. I feel for the guy a bit, hes only young and had only known Barcelona before he came here. Then he got injured which is rotten luck to be sitting around for months on end in a country he doesnt know. As per Ayew, if we can get his head right he could also become a huge asset (Barca didnt add a buy back clause for nothing).

His only goal in a Villa shirt was against Notts County? He's injury prone, selfish on the ball and picking up a rumoured £60k/week as there was no relegation clause in his contract. Add in a stinking attitude (turning up late, asking to leave etc.) he is part of the group of bad eggs that needs to go ASAP. If he has potential it won't be realised with us, throwing all that money at a 20 year old is a recipe for disaster. You only had to see the results of his huge ego when he came on against Rotherham and his team mates didn't want to pass him the ball!

1 minute ago, Fight Like Lions said:

His only goal in a Villa shirt was against Notts County? He's injury prone, selfish on the ball and picking up a rumoured £60k/week as there was no relegation clause in his contract. Add in a stinking attitude (turning up late, asking to leave etc.) he is part of the group of bad eggs that needs to go ASAP. If he has potential it won't be realised with us, throwing all that money at a 20 year old is a recipe for disaster. You only had to see the results of his huge ego when he came on against Rotherham and his team mates didn't want to pass him the ball!

As I said in my edit to that post, I meant his goal against Palace. I had west brom in my head cos just been reading about them

• Like 1