Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

20m for Hernandez is bonkers.  Hull rejecting 20m for Hernandez is crazy. 

Shame we have to move onto target 2.  Let's hope it's a player of the same calibre,  otherwise Tony's world class comment is going to make him look like a bit of a tit.  

The bid is high, yes, but Hull aren't crazy to reject it when they only have 13 fit players and owners who want to sell the club. 

7 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

The bid is high, yes, but Hull aren't crazy to reject it when they only have 13 fit players and owners who want to sell the club. 

I agree. Plus, what is the real value of a striker who will score you goals in a league where you get £150 million for finishing bottom? Probably a lot more than £20 million.

Edited by One For The Road

29 minutes ago, useless said:

Maybe whoever it is, is having second thoughts after yesterday's result. And we'll end up with no more signings.

Might not be so very far from the truth...

What a merry go round. So, if Hull are actually in for Kodija, and got Kodija, then surely that is Hernandez to us.

But if we got Kodija, that would mean Hull would be left trying to find a buyer for Hernandez, unless they convinced him to stay.

Or would we go crazy and make a cheeky bid for Hernandez too close to the deadline?

As for Kodija, I could understand him wanting to come here. But Hernandez, to come here that would be a coup. I mean, your career as a pro footballer if it has any ambition is to get to the top and be the best or at least something along those lines, for the most. I find it slightly odd that someone who fired them into the Premier League would leave that top division to go down a division to a team that it is uncertain whether they would return at the first attempt. I'm not knocking Hernandez but when you step back from it, we would be lucky to get him and fair play IF it is the "wanting to be part of the Villa project" that attracts him here. I'm sure he would get a wage rise though too so there's always that, but, apparently Hull have offered him a bumper contract on the back of an automatic promotion wage wike, so he is quids in in staying there too. If not the money, then coming here for our cause then that's great.

So anyway, Kodija back on as has been said many times lately on this thread. But here is a link:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-transfer-talk-aston-villa-and-hull-now-firm-favourites-to-land-bristol-city-striker/story-29662388-detail/story.html

and the guts of that links say (it's the usual sort of wishy washy minimal content article though):

Kodija's more likely destination now appears to be either the Rams' Championship rivals Aston Villa or Premier League side Hull City.

In the end, a deal to take Kodija away from Ashton Gate could end up being worth as much as £16m it has been suggested.