Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I took it to mean Monday as technically he posted 'tomorrow' this morning? 

Lol, sorry but not picking on you or anything jus an example for me of something I've witnessed in relation to what our owner has said on here 

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Lol, sorry but not picking on you or anything jus an example for me of something I've witnessed in relation to what our owner has said on here 

I'm not one of those. You can go back and have a look if you like. 

my genuine interpretation. If you want to use it to help frame your argument with others   - crack on :thumb:

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Hopefully we are going to push through 3-4 signings from now until the end of the window because our main rivals, in terms of size (Newcastle), are really going for it.

They've bought a 33 yr old back up striker from Ipswich 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Hopefully we are going to push through 3-4 signings from now until the end of the window because our main rivals, in terms of size (Newcastle), are really going for it.

Newcastle aren't our main rivals in terms of league position

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Brentford, Ipswich, birmingham maybe Barnsley and Huddersfield

teams looking to scrape into play-offs

When I asked, I had Ipswich in my head. Maybe qpr too. I think Huddersfield will have higher ambitions though. 

Anyone think we were ever in for Remy? Seems unlikely but he may fit the description of pacy & "world class" (former international striker). Would be an excellent signing and a chance for him to restore or revive his reputation...

However, I'm really not sure if we are or were ever in for any "Premier League class" players as they would be hard to entice and on hefty wages, really hoping for a big name signing but I'm having more and more doubts on that. 

Personally, I wouldn't want to criticise Gollini too much. He needs some faith and was/is a highly rated prospect in Italy. Bunn shouldn't be too bad as a temporary replacement at this level but I wouldn't be averse to the signing of an experienced goalkeeper. I think a proper finisher is much more crucial though, we have missed and wasted too many chances so far.

I think it's best not to overreact either positively or negatively at this point. We need to allow this team some time to gel and for RDM to implement a new playing style, it is a huge job for any manager tbh. Also the Rotherham result shouldn't be/have been over analysed as they are one of the weakest teams in the division but I was encouraged to see Gestede actually making an effort and putting himself about a bit.

Hopefully there will be some decent signings coming soon that will improve us.