Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, Trickster said:

Wasn't really linked with us, but Oliver Burke from Forest going to Leipzig is one of the strangest transfers this window.

Has this happened?? Really odd that

3 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

And internation managers and Koeman (one of the best managers in the PL) pick him.....if you know your football you will see how much space and freedom he creates for others.....its not all about goalscoring.....see Gestede as a perfect example. If you dont put it on a plate for him he becomes invisible!  Kone would create numerous chances for McCormack et al and chip in with a few at this level.   Moreover, its very little risk if its only a loan deal!

would love to see who you would go for, given our current position?

If Koeman thinks so highly of him, then why would he leave on loan for us?

Please don't belittle me like I'm a child, I'm fully aware that certain strikers aren't just about goals  and that creating space is important. However, whenever  I've seen Kone he has been a headless chicken, which hasn't helped create space or goal scoring chances. Plus to me we have been after a goal scorer which is why Kone wouldn't be what we need.

I couldn't give many examples of who to get as the last few years of watching villa has waived my enthusiasm for football, that I have barely watched anything outside of us. However, someone of the ilk of Will Grigg who is a finisher (an Villa fan too boot) may be what we need. 

I think we are struggling to get the right type of player for the club based on price, market, whether they are available and our position. 

Other issues, as mentioned before, are more than likely some mentality issues. Players adapting to new systems, circumstance etc. It just takes one not to pull in the same direction to cause issues. 

I reckon the TD thing is just clarifying target appropriateness, Moyes always took ages to sign players as he had to meet them and discuss. If Round is our new TD maybe he and RDM have done the same?

1 hour ago, useless said:

Maybe whoever it is, is having second thoughts after yesterday's result. And we'll end up with no more signings.

*Phone rings in agent's office*

"Nahki, hi. What can I do for you?"

"OK, so you want me to call Aston Villa and tell them you're no longer interested in the move? And it's because they lost a match yesterday?"

I honestly don't believe a conversation like this has ever happened.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How you know itskodiija?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-transfer-talk-aston-villa-and-hull-now-firm-favourites-to-land-bristol-city-striker/story-29662388-detail/story.html

I posted that a few mins ago, an extremely wishy washy link suggesting Kodija still firmly on our radar. I dont suggest that's who tonight's possible unveiling is though.

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

Anybody think that we will announce any signings tonight as first thought or can I go and watch Jenna Coleman 

Didn't the dr say we were announcing a signing tonight?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How you know itskodiija?

Ah, now i see, @DemitriC, I see what you meant, I put "thanks to Tony for sanctioning the deals" in my post , i should have meant that in relation to being prepared to pay the going rate. No ITK here thats for sure, accidental or otherwise :huh: "My bad" as the kids say these days  

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If Koeman thinks so highly of him, then why would he leave on loan for us?

Please don't belittle me like I'm a child, I'm fully aware that certain strikers aren't just about goals  and that creating space is important. However, whenever  I've seen Kone he has been a headless chicken, which hasn't helped create space or goal scoring chances. Plus to me we have been after a goal scorer which is why Kone wouldn't be what we need.

I couldn't give many examples of who to get as the last few years of watching villa has waived my enthusiasm for football, that I have barely watched anything outside of us. However, someone of the ilk of Will Grigg who is a finisher (an Villa fan too boot) may be what we need. 

Will Grigg over Kone....so you do behave like a child.....perhaps thats why I 'appeared' to be treating you like one!

As for having a poor scoring record.  Kone has almost 1 in 3 and has scored/played in World cup/African cup of nations/La Liga/Bundesleague/ Pl/ Championship etc....your post is laughable!

BTW Gabby is 'a Villa fan to boot'.....and been given the boot!

Truly unbelievable

39 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Because I don't moan about everything, my head is in the clouds? I can guarantee you I am just as concerned.... But you have to get on with life instead of moaning about the same things over and over again. Try and be positive or it'll all just get you down man. What's the point without a bit of positivity? Eg... Gollini hasn't started very well, but he's only 21 and settling in. How about we give him just a small chance? Have you criticised the defenders who didn't follow in as much as gollini? I doubt it.

Anyway, I'm not going to give you a life story, because I'm sure to a well travelled man like yourself... My life is just plain dull.

I will be looking out for your posts denouncing other posters views for pointing out the same things that I do. The absence of which would imply you are picking on one poster, which isn't very nice. And as a side note, I will add that the fact that "Gollini is only 21" may be why he shouldn't be playing every game when he clearly has such a long way to go. 

Anyway, as this is the transfer thread, I do hope we are looking for defensive cover in all positions as we definitely need it.

Edited by One For The Road

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I will be looking out for your posts denouncing other posters for pointing out the same things that I do. The absence of which would imply you are picking on one poster, which isn't very nice. And as I side note, I will add that the fact that "Gollini is only 21" may be why he shouldn't be playing every game when he clearly has such a long way to go. 

Anyway, as this is the transfer thread, I do hope we are looking for defensive cover in all positions as we definitely need it.

Please do, I doubt you'll find it though. It was the consistent, over multiple threads, moaning at gollini that I noticed. How are any players meant to settle into a team when they know they are a few mistakes away from being given the boot by fans. New players put under so much pressure that they are nervous any time the ball goes near them for fear of fans reaction, so much so they make another mistake and we end up losing 3-1. And the vicious circle is complete. And then we get the 'it's part of the mentality that's the problem' type things... Is it any wonder. Last year was just terrible attitude and terrible squad ability. We don't have that problem this year, so why did the new lads crumble? Everything else has been changed. 

I hope any new signings we make are given time to settle in and not jumped on if they start slowly or make a few mistakes because after all, we are human.

12 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Anyone know what time we are likely to announce our next signing only Dr Tony seemed to suggest something was happening today?

I took it to mean Monday as technically he posted 'tomorrow' this morning?