Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Buy lots of players. To be fair, we're clearly missing attacking players—a striker, attacking mids, whatever—and we appear to be after them. I do feel that could have made all the difference with how dominant we've been in the opening of some of these games. When we were 2-1 down today there's nobody in our team that I can imagine doing something exciting and turning the game. Grealish is the closest we've got but I'm not entirely convinced yet (appreciating he scored and he's 20—we just can't be relying on him alone, which would be madness). 

• Like 1

I thought we'do be OK with a Striker and AM signing this week but after today's result and 2nd half performance we need a GK, CB, CM, ACM and a ST if we are to have any hope of getting promoted. Still having to have the likes of Bacuna, Westwood and Ayew in the squad, when they are the remnants of the unflushable turd of last season, is not helping us one bit.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

Hopefully this is a wake up call, and forces the club to push through any deals. Still need a midfielder, a playmaker and a striker (actually in an ideal world could do with two strikers) plus a defender now that Okore has left, and things aren't looking too clever in the goalkeeping department.

• Like 2

The biggest worry for me is.....We are now close to spending 100million gross on players in 12 months and 2 transfer windows.

I didn't see the game today so only those that did will have any idea....but the trend of going a goal up and failing to capitalise is a major concern.We then to procede to capitulate after conceding time and time again........we set about rebuilding but as the saying goes "we change the bowler but don't change the bowling".

On the surface it appears we are spending juicy money on players who are no better than what we have and in some cases actually worse.

The "war committee" need to get their heads together of where we go from here because JUST throwing money at it does not seem to be working.

It may take time to gel, but in my experience even before you arrive at the finished article, you can usually see some sparks of improvement.....but for the problems of resilience we have it seems we are no further forward.

I have a hunch that the players coming in are no better thought through than what fans would choose.....You need a bit more deeper thinking than what we know for probably less money spent......players on paper mean only so much.......we need a blended team.

How long that takes, is anyones guess, but right now i see no signs of that blend happening.

Edited by TRO

If Hendrick leaves Derby he'll have more choice than just VIlla. Hull, Sunderland and a few other Premier teams have been linked with him. If we'd have been flying in the league and looking good for promotion we'd stand a much better chance of signing our targets.