Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

You have proof he didn't?

Have you proof he did? No goal is on purpose unless you have been proved to have been influenced (betting on an outcome). 

Where's your proof or is it because you don't like him? 

And saying the way the goal was scored is no proof. If it was he'd be all over the media! He wasn't he didn't! 

Up to the prosecution to provide evidence! ;-)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

pretty sure you've mentioned him the past 3/4 transfer windows but i think he'd be a great signing.

Yes mate!! I rate him so highly i watch a lot of Eredivisie games and this kid is the real deal. He has a release clause and some big clubs have been rumoured to be looking at him and other smaller clubs like Sunderland, Swansea and Hull.

No one has met the release clause yet so with the end of the window coming surely someone will have to! Why not us :)

He has started this season in good form as well. 9 goalscoring chances and 1 assist in 3 games.

potentially could be missing link we crave between central midfielders and our attackers.

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Would like us to get a young CB, ideally with championship experience and plenty of scope to develop.  I would be looking at mid-table teams like Preston, Blackburn, Ipswich and Cardiff who had pretty good defenses last year.  See if we can find a rough diamond to work on.

Shane Duffy excluding his couple of own goals would have been perfect

12 hours ago, dn1982 said:

He's scored 4 goals in 54 games. He isn't worth anywhere near the money you've said. In future I'll google any random names you come up with. How did he do on FM any good? 

His productivity is to do with the number of chances he helps create, not in his own personal tally. I thought you would have realised that, given the position he plays.

The name wasn't random, I've actually watched him play a few times.

As for the FM comment, I'm afraid you'll have to ask one of the people who play the game, as I never have played any of those computer games

11 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

His record isn't all that great so far!

A better player than Vlasic would be Hakim Ziyech! Who for attacking midfielder scores goals for fun and creates for fun in Holland and has been doing it for last 2 seasons for Twente and before that Heerenveen! 39 goals and 36 assists in 102 career games,

Has 15mil euro buy out as well!!

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/115868/History/Hakim-Ziyech

Agree entirely 4life but, I can't see Ziyech coming to the championship can you?

Vlasic is one I can see us getting and he'll only improve with experience.

He actually assists quite a few goals he doesn't get credit for because his pass is passed on, if that makes sense to you.

19 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Agree entirely 4life but, I can't see Ziyech coming to the championship can you?

I'm a firm believer if you don't ask.. you don't get :) Get RDM to sweet talk him into our project

We have the money now to at least try and tempt him. But i doubt he will be on the radar unfortunately

55 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

Have you proof he did? No goal is on purpose unless you have been proved to have been influenced (betting on an outcome). 

Where's your proof or is it because you don't like him? 

And saying the way the goal was scored is no proof. If it was he'd be all over the media! He wasn't he didn't! 

Up to the prosecution to provide evidence! ;-)

I don't have proof. I stated a belief. I'm asking the person who ridiculed that belief for proof. That way they can back up their claim my belief has no credibility.

1 hour ago, nazvfc said:

No goal is on purpose unless you have been proved to have been influenced (betting on an outcome).

I know being a villa fan it can seem that way at times , but are you sure it's the case all the time ?

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

I know being a villa fan it can seem that way at times , but are you sure it's the case all the time ?

Why would a player deliberately score an own goal? Lack of effort (a la Yorke when wanting a move) but own goal? No I do not believe it is deliberate

9 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I don't have proof. I stated a belief. I'm asking the person who ridiculed that belief for proof. That way they can back up their claim my belief has no credibility.

Well how can a person provide proof to a belief? (And I'm not talking about a religious belief) I believe you are wrong prove my belief that you are wrong in that it was a deliberate own goal. I believe it wasn't. Prove it was.

3 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

Well how can a person provide proof to a belief? (And I'm not talking about a religious belief) I believe you are wrong prove my belief that you are wrong in that it was a deliberate own goal. I believe it wasn't. Prove it was.

I can't but I'm not here saying that your belief lacks any credibility.

I didn't ask for proof because ppl disagreed. I asked for proof because my belief was said to have no credibility. 

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I can't but I'm not here saying that your belief lacks any credibility.

I didn't ask for proof because ppl disagreed. I asked for proof because my belief was said to have no credibility. 

Fair enough! It only proves one thing! We can debate without name calling! ( like we see in many threads) How it should be. 

Don't think we should be relying on De Laet playing anywhere other than right-back. He played at left-back for a spell last season, and by the accounts that I've read didn't do very well. I've never heard of him playing in central defence, but from what I've read defending isn't his strength, it's attacking. Someone like Cissokho is more likely to go into the centre of defence in the case of injuries. Besides, we won't be letting Okore go unless there's someone coming in to replace him.

• Like 1