Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Can't even get his current clubs name correct.....

I wouldn't mind a few Ginmastic and tonic's atm...

20 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Hutton is awful! The amount of ball he gets yet never creates anything. If he was a brilliant defender you could live with it but he isn't. We need a new RB and a commanding keeper. We also need a right side CB if Okore goes. I think attacking wise we have a few coming through that will do well. 

We need new players in all areas, but just stating what we might end up with following player sales.

I don't really rate Baker, Clark and Gardener much but at championship level they might do ok.

19 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

We need new players in all areas, but just stating what we might end up with following player sales.

I don't really rate Baker, Clark and Gardener much but at championship level they might do ok.

Hutton seems to get support because he "tries"! I'd rather play more of the kids as Toner has showed they don't get over awed. It's going to be a busy summer though in and out!! 

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I love how you're making out that a player 'trying' is a bad thing. If we had a first team of Hutton's this season (as scary as that sounds), I would put good money on us finishing higher than 20th.

We have too many players happily taking their money and giving nothing back. Give me a 6/10 ability and 10/10 effort player any day. Aside from the odd gem, that's basically what the Leicester squad is made up of.

Trying should be a minimum. It's also a load of crap that he tries that much more than others it's just he'll run as fast as he can into a dead end then trot back to his defensive position!  If we had a team of Huttons we'd be a lot worse off. He has turned into an awful footballer that can't defend. We need a new RB. We stayed up last season with Bacuna at RB but some how Hutton managed not to be replaced in the summer so was first choice all year!! This actually goes for Guzan aswell. The only games we won were when Hutton wasn't playing! For me a RB and a GK are the main priorities to fill as our current ones are shocking. Hopefully they'll be the first 2 position sorted in the makeover we need badly. 

Matt Lowton gets a championship winners medal, Albrighton get's a Premier League winners medal, and the list goes on. I think I'm safe not taking any of the VT opinion on players from now on.:D

• Like 4

Trying should be a minimum. 

I really hate seeing this argument. Ok, yes, trying SHOULD be a minimum, but it isn't. Not amongst premier league footballers. Therefore someone who gives 100% every game is a positive trait no matter how much we would expect everyone to do it, because most (especially in our team) only care about checking their bank balance

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I love how you're making out that a player 'trying' is a bad thing. If we had a first team of Hutton's this season (as scary as that sounds), I would put good money on us finishing higher than 20th.

We have too many players happily taking their money and giving nothing back. Give me a 6/10 ability and 10/10 effort player any day. Aside from the odd gem, that's basically what the Leicester squad is made up of.

This.

Hutton is shit, but I'm reluctant to criticise him too much as he obviously gives a shit and puts a bit of effort in. You can only say that about a small handful of our players this season.

• Like 1

linked today in the daily mail with sven-Tino susic, a 24yr old Bosnian midfielder who plays for hadjuk split.

will cost £4m and allegedly wanted by Nigel Pearson at Leicester before he was sacked.

Edited by theboyangel

The only games we won were when Hutton wasn't playing! For me a RB and a GK are the main priorities to fill as our current ones are shocking. Hopefully they'll be the first 2 position sorted in the makeover we need badly. 

As others have said. This 'trying should be the minimum' logic is utterly flawed. It should be the minimum, but in reality, many players get away with putting 60-70% effort in (and some even less!)

Do you actually believe that our wins were because Hutton wasn't playing? I see that as just a happy coincidence for anyone who dislikes Hutton.

The fact that we've been relegated shows you that our overall team is crap, hence why we haven't won many. We haven't been relegated because Hutton has played all season.

Hutton is one of the few players I wouldn't mind seeing in the starting eleven next season.

1 hour ago, weedman said:

I really hate seeing this argument. Ok, yes, trying SHOULD be a minimum, but it isn't. Not amongst premier league footballers. Therefore someone who gives 100% every game is a positive trait no matter how much we would expect everyone to do it, because most (especially in our team) only care about checking their bank balance

Guzan tries but is still crap! Running around aimlessly isn't trying! Hutton looks like he tries but he doesn't do that much. There's a clip on Twitter showing him lose the ball them ambling back without breaking a sweat. We have been that starved of effort this season him running into a dead end and then not tracking back is a positive to some. He is supposed to be an attacking full back but when did he last set up a goal? Or even a clear cut chance? If he isn't doing this he needs to be a solid defender which he isn't. 

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Can strike a ball but makes Holman look technical.

I assume you've actually watched him play, not just Celtic highlights?  Because what you've said is literally the complete opposite of what he is as a player.

3 minutes ago, Banger75 said:

I assume you've actually watched him play, not just Celtic highlights?  Because what you've said is literally the complete opposite of what he is as a player.

I dont think a player with one half-decent season in Scotland is what we need right now

On 5/10/2016 at 08:29, Stevo985 said:

This.

Hutton is shit, but I'm reluctant to criticise him too much as he obviously gives a shit and puts a bit of effort in. You can only say that about a small handful of our players this season.

Having seen the footage of his defending from the Newcastle game, I'm backtracking on this post a bit!

On 5/10/2016 at 17:48, rodders0223 said:

Can strike a ball but makes Holman look technical.

Lol you clearly havent seen him play. He is already miles ahead of Holman ever was in his career. He is probably the next big thing for Australian Football if he can stay fit. Hes a big lad with great feet and dribbling. Great finish on him too. Even works hard. His weakness is sometimes his passing. His injuries of late have held him back but he finally stays fit and look at him go. 

I wanted him even if we stayed up.. but since were in the Championship.. he would kill it there. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2016 at 03:18, dn1982 said:

Lowton should never have been sold. The best crosser of the ball at the club so we sell him when we buy Gestede who can only head the ball!! That sums are season up just there!! 

I agree with you, but Lowton rarely looked like a premiership footballer. I think a season of consistent football really helped him. He wouldn't have gotten that here. With that being said, I still would rather have had 13-14 Lowton than any of our right full backs. Wish we just loaned him instead of sold. 

• Like 1