Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Probably a long shot, but what about Munir el Haddadi on loan, he isn't going to be a starter at barca for a while so they may think that a loan will help develop him.

Has played with Traore before so may be able to get the best out of him as well...

Traore Grealish Green

El Haddadi

would be exciting for once.

Seeing as successive managers won't play Traore I doubt we'd get a decent recommendation from him!!  

Guest av1
15 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

This thread makes me want to cry myself to sleep.

I was just thinking same, thinking about next seasons squad terrifies me. 

Charlie Mulgrew on a free transfer would be a good squad option to have, he is versatile and some good set piece deliveries would be welcome. Wages wouldn't be massive either. If Gana and Sanchez leave then Darron Gibson would be a good signing in the championship, he is not as injury prone as you would expect.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

even if we lose most of the so called 'bigger prem' players, i feel we would keep two or three just due to previous injuries or lack of playing time under Garde or Black.

So without any transfers we could have the below 11, as well as Bennett, Kozak and Gabby knocking around the squad and a few more decent youngsters. Okore may stay on also.

Steer

Hutton -- Toner -- Clark -- Amavi

Traore -- Lyden -- Vertout -- Grealish

Gestede -- Rush HM

Subs: Baker, Green, Gil, Bunn, Suliman, Westwood, Gardner

I don't know if the above would do that well in the Championship, but i'd rather watch the above team than the current eleven, Ayew aside.

I don't think we would need to spend huge amounts of money to become anstable team capable of competing again. There will also be a few players that leave who we didn't expect to leave like Traore or Grealish, as well as players we hoped would but didn't such as Bacuna and Lescott.

Edited by VillanousOne

18 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

even if we lose most of the so called 'bigger prem' players, i feel we would keep two or three just due to previous injuries or lack of playing time under Garde or Black.

So without any transfers we could have the below 11, as well as Bennett, Kozak and Gabby knocking around the squad and a few more decent youngsters. Okore may stay on also.

Steer

Hutton -- Toner -- Clark -- Amavi

Traore -- Lyden -- Vertout -- Grealish

Gestede -- Rush HM

Subs: Baker, Green, Gil, Bunn, Suliman, Westwood, Gardner

I don't know if the above would do that well in the Championship, but i'd rather watch the above team than the current eleven, Ayew aside.

I don't think we would need to spend huge amounts of money to become anstable team capable of competing again. There will also be a few players that leave who we didn't expect to leave like Traore or Grealish, as well as players we hoped would but didn't such as Bacuna and Lescott.

Hutton is awful! The amount of ball he gets yet never creates anything. If he was a brilliant defender you could live with it but he isn't. We need a new RB and a commanding keeper. We also need a right side CB if Okore goes. I think attacking wise we have a few coming through that will do well. 

5 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Charlie Mulgrew on a free transfer would be a good squad option to have, he is versatile and some good set piece deliveries would be welcome. Wages wouldn't be massive either. If Gana and Sanchez leave then Darron Gibson would be a good signing in the championship, he is not as injury prone as you would expect.

what is this set-piece delivery you speak of :P

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Dwight Gale would destroy The Championship bit part player at Palace or a chance to be the man at Villa Park?

Is Steven Fletcher on loan? I think he'd go well with Gayle. I can't see us keeping Ayew unfortunately and think Gestede is awful so we need a couple of strikers to go along with the young ones coming through. 

A loan move for Danny Ings maybe? He's a proven goalscorer at Championship level, would be eager to score and play well to impress his employers at Liverpool, they have a deluge of strikers ahead of him and, they probably would like to see him get games but not in the Premier League. 

Maybe a stumbling block over who pays what though? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villarocker said:

A loan move for Danny Ings maybe? He's a proven goalscorer at Championship level, would be eager to score and play well to impress his employers at Liverpool, they have a deluge of strikers ahead of him and, they probably would like to see him get games but not in the Premier League. 

Maybe a stumbling block over who pays what though? 

Worth trying anyway but I'd imagine there would be top tier clubs willing to take him on loan too. Wages might be problematic too. He is a far more complete player than Gayle anyway.

https://www.clubcall.com/aston-villa/villa-watching-13-goal-spanish-striker-1809636.html?

Aston Villa are showing interest in Ginmastic de Tarragona striker Jose Naranjo - the top scorer for the Spanish second division club.

Villa have been scouting the Spanish second division for bargain buys as they look to re-tool their failing squad for a promotion run next season. Latest video Naranjo, 21, has caught the eye with 13 goals in 22 starts - including four in his last three appearances. The former Recreativo Huelva and Villarreal B forward joined Gimnastic on a three-year deal last summer and has helped the unfashionable club in their bid to achieve promotion to the Spanish top flight for only the second time in the past 66 years. Naranjo is 6ft tall with good pace and would appear to suit the style of play Villa could be expected to adopt in the Championship next season.

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/aston-villa/villa-watching-13-goal-spanish-striker-1809636.html?