Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 hours ago, KSV said:

Lol you clearly havent seen him play. He is already miles ahead of Holman ever was in his career. He is probably the next big thing for Australian Football if he can stay fit. Hes a big lad with great feet and dribbling. Great finish on him too. Even works hard. His weakness is sometimes his passing. His injuries of late have held him back but he finally stays fit and look at him go. 

I wanted him even if we stayed up.. but since were in the Championship.. he would kill it there. 

Watch Celtic a lot. They are always on early kick off. His all round game is poor. Considering the time and space he has he does what I expect.

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I love Alan Hutton. Honestly. 

He's still shit.

So if we can sign a better right back, we should do that. 

Totally agree. However other areas of the squad need addressing first IMO, Hutton can still do a job in the Championship, then bin him off once we're promoted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Nathan Redmond if / when Norwich go down?

im sure teams like Bournemouth or Middleboro be interested and if honest Norwich to Villa probably a step down at the moment

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Watch Celtic a lot. They are always on early kick off. His all round game is poor. Considering the time and space he has he does what I expect.

Agree to disagree on that one. Sydney Morning Herald who dont normally post football rumours.. are saying that Arsenal want to sign him.. probably send him out on loan. 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

im sure teams like Bournemouth or Middleboro be interested and if honest Norwich to Villa probably a step down at the moment

Nah,  many clubs I'd agree on but not Noriwch

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We need an entire back four and GK to be honest. They are all pretty lazy, and are out of position more than they are in it. The only one who I would keep would be Amavi, as he is young and can improve on his positioning with better central defenders organising the back line.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeilS said:

We need an entire back four and GK to be honest. They are all pretty lazy, and are out of position more than they are in it. The only one who I would keep would be Amavi, as he is young and can improve on his positioning with better central defenders organising the back line.

If truth be told we need a new goalkeeper, a new back line, a new midfield and a new attack :lol:

• Like 2

Haha, all very true.

I feel that sorting the back line is the first priority though, we were in most games early on in the season until the defenders gifted a goal to the opposition, and this got worse as the season progressed. I feel the midfield and attack needs tweaking and can be improved vastly with a couple of signings to fill gaps for now. The important thing is to cut down the amount of gifted goals by clueless defending.

Anybody who thinks Alan Hutton works or tries hard is off their tits.

You're wrong.

Having watched every home game this season, bar one, one thing I always notice is that he does a lot of work up and down the wing. To the point that he often becomes one of our main attacking outlets, because he's always so far forward (often much further forward than our midfielders or other fullbacks attempt to go).

The odd clip of him looking lazy isn't going to change my mind that he's been one of the main players this year to not embarrass us with a complete and consistent lack of trying.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

You're wrong.

Having watched every home game this season, bar one, one thing I always notice is that he does a lot of work up and down the wing. To the point that he often becomes one of our main attacking outlets, because he's always so far forward (often much further forward than our midfielders or other fullbacks attempt to go).

The odd clip of him looking lazy isn't going to change my mind that he's been one of the main players this year to not embarrass us with a complete and consistent lack of trying.

...but what about getting back? His complete lack of effort to stick to his man, the lack of concentration on set pieces, the lack of desire to put his head in or make a block? Not just physically but mentally one of the laziest players in the squad. The second the balls goes dead he is off in his own world.