Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

On 12 May 2016 at 13:01, Rob182 said:

You're wrong.

Having watched every home game this season, bar one, one thing I always notice is that he does a lot of work up and down the wing. To the point that he often becomes one of our main attacking outlets, because he's always so far forward (often much further forward than our midfielders or other fullbacks attempt to go).

The odd clip of him looking lazy isn't going to change my mind that he's been one of the main players this year to not embarrass us with a complete and consistent lack of trying.

Out of interest how many chances has he created?? He can't defend and never sets up anything as he either runs into a dead end then falls over looking for a foul or balloons a cross over. Then he trots back. It never helped him having Gil in front of him for long periods but we need a new RB desperately. 

On 12 May 2016 at 04:02, Richard said:

and a new owner ;-)

And a new chairman, CEO, CIO, CTO, Scouting team, Coaching team, club commentator, Head of Media......

id id say the only people to have done their jobs to an agreeable standard are the mascots. Don't need much do we?!

What a time to be a villa fan eh?

To be fair to Hutton he get himself in numerous good attacking positions (for a full back) with absolutely nothing in front of him and no options for a final ball. Yes he's not the greatest defender and is prone to finding himself out of position but he clearly puts in the effort and is one of the few who actually seem to give a ****. If we can get better then replace him but there's far more pressing issues for me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is he really likely to be available four months after they spent a fortune on him?

I reckon so, scored on his debut but didn't really contribute much else for them. If we were to offer what they paid or a little less i think it'd be very good signing. Plus he's still only 29, plenty of years left in him so long as he's motivated. 

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And a new chairman, CEO, CIO, CTO, Scouting team, Coaching team, club commentator, Head of Media......

id id say the only people to have done their jobs to an agreeable standard are the mascots. Don't need much do we?!

One of the highlights last Saturday for me was Bella trying to balance on a beach ball as the stewards around her were trying to collect them up.

Our mascots have had a sterling season.

10 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

I reckon so, scored on his debut but didn't really contribute much else for them. 

Don't we have enough players that don't really contribute? :P

Out of interest how many chances has he created?? He can't defend and never sets up anything as he either runs into a dead end then falls over looking for a foul or balloons a cross over. Then he trots back. It never helped him having Gil in front of him for long periods but we need a new RB desperately. 

He's created chances throughout the season, but many have failed, basically because we're shit. He rarely has any players ahead of him to give the ball to, so he carries on running and often tries to do it alone (which means he loses it). There were countless times this season, where I've seen him get into decent positions, but then you can just see Ayew, Sinclair and Gestede stood still in the box, allowing any cross or pass to be easily cut out.

I'm not trying to make put that Hutton is some kind of amazing attacking fullback, because we have a much better fullback in Amavi, but Hutton puts in effort, to the point that a large bulk of our attacks ended up going through him.

As others have said. He's not amazing, and he could be replaced with better, but we have many more positions in need to strengthening before rightback.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The groundsmen won groundsmen of the year...

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Tin Hat...proven Championship goalscorer.

Absolute toilet in the PL mind you.

I'm not a fan of Jerome but he could be useful in the Chamionship, we'd just have to get rid if we get promoted. 

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Tin Hat...proven Championship goalscorer.

Absolute toilet in the PL mind you.

But we already have Gestede to tick that box

• Like 4

Though i excepted relegation quite some months ago, i think the signings we make over the next few months are really going to ram it home. 

You know you are f##ked as a footbal club when people like Cameron Jerome start rocking up.

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Merson thinks we should try and sign Cameron Jerome...

saw it yesterday and thought was a terrible idea and then I thought he is actually better than what we have now :blink:

• Like 1