Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

On 11.5.2016 at 01:52, Zatman said:

im sure teams like Bournemouth or Middleboro be interested and if honest Norwich to Villa probably a step down at the moment

I think he'll go to Stoke.

Makes sense for him and Stoke.

I mentioned him eaelier: Yeni Ngbakoto or NG'Bakoto from Metz in Ligue 2.

He could be a bargin, and he would do a job in the Championship.

He wouldn't cost more than 3-4 Million pounds, and can play in every attaking position.

Barry for me would be about longevity, if he's gone one year left and we offer him a 2/3 year deal then he's going to interested

No brainer for me, would be a great signing

• Like 4

If there was even a glimmer of hope that we could sign Barry it would be worth it.  Not only for his footballing ability, but for his influence to others day to day.  He would immediately be made captain for me.  However, I do wonder if he has his sights on being the player with the most Premiership appearances of all time?  He is not that far away from Lampard and even Giggs.  Another season in the Prem would do it for him.   

If we to look at Barry, it would have to be with one eye on bringing him into the coaching staff too - I think he has the experience and right temperament to go into managing (eventually)

He would be a great asset next season for sure in the Championship

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Barry for me would be about longevity, if he's gone one year left and we offer him a 2/3 year deal then he's going to interested

The Shay Given method.

I cannot agree. You don't go giving players of that age more than a season. His legs could go anytime....and it's all well and good saying he never had pace but once your legs are shot then it's over.

Anyone that can kick a ball will do, as I'm sick of seeing our current first team just chasing after it.  For the whole season it's felt like I've been watch Rocky chasing that chicken. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Gareth Barry has just won Everton's Player of the Season AND Player's Player.

Anyone thinking he's going to come here will be disappointed I fear.

He would be a phenomenal signing at our level. But if he were to leave Everton, he's easily got another season or two in the Premier League in him. The promoted sides would be snapping him up if he were available for a start.

Edited by Stevo985