Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Gareth Barry has just won Everton's Player of the Season AND Player's Player.

Anyone thinking he's going to come here will be disappointed I fear.

He would be a phenomenal signing at our level. But if he were to leave Everton, he's easily got another season in the Premier League in him.

Do you think him winning those awards are justified? I think he's a terrific player but I don't think he's had that good a season

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you think him winning those awards are justified? I think he's a terrific player but I don't think he's had that good a season

well was 2 awards voted by the players and another probably by the fans as well

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Given that they're voted for by the Everton players and (I think) the Everton fans, then yes I think it's justified. I imagine they have a better idea of how their players have played than we do.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Given that they're voted for by the Everton players and (I think) the Everton fans, then yes I think it's justified. I imagine they have a better idea of how their players have played than we do.

Agreed

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Romelu Lukaku has finished behind only Kane, Vardy and Aguero in goals this season.

Squad rift?

Just now, bobzy said:

Romelu Lukaku has finished behind only Kane, Vardy and Aguero in goals this season.

Squad rift?

He got "Young" Player of the Season.

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You don't think 23 is young?

In terms of modern day footballers, no, not particularly.

He's in his 5th season of Premier League Football, and his third for Everton.

Awards like that should be done as "newcomer" awards, with an age limit if you want to keep it young.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Awards like that should be done as "newcomer" awards, with an age limit if you want to keep it young.

Agreed again 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I also concur with this.

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The couple of Everton season ticket holders I know, have said he is the only player that than can come out of this season with some credit. Lukaku has got goals but if he's not scoring he's a waste of a player on the pitch. I was suprised at their views of Barkley as well, as they want to get rid as he constantly slows down attacks. I would think that this would be down to Martinez's style though as when I see Barkely he tends to be looking forward for runs and passes.

Nigeria striker Victor Anichebe has announced he will be leaving West Bromwich Albion when his contract expires next month.

He wrote on Twitter: "Thank you to all the @WBAFCofficial fans for the support during my time at the club! I wish you all the best for the future."

The 28-year-old signed from Everton in September 2013 and played 63 times for West Brom, scoring nine goals.

He has started just three Premier League games this season.

He failed to score a single goal this season after appearing in 14 matches in all competitions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36304435

24 goals in 186 league games.

Get him signed.

4 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

strikers just arent prolific anymore, anybody who we sign will be average

Thank god we have all those goals coming from our midfield to fall back on...