Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

What's irritating as a supporter is that we are now assembling a team that probably would of stayed up last season. We potentially have a very solid CB partnership. Hopefully a new RB. Jedinak and Tshibola would be solid, + we look far more creative than last season. But then again it's all relative. If we had to of stayed up and Lerner didn't sell we would be worse off. The old cliche of taking a step back to go forward springs to mind.

Easy chap....rotherham ain't great, i fear we've a few more downs than ups to come first.

UTV

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Easy chap....rotherham ain't great, i fear we've a few more downs than ups to come first.

UTV

Oh I agree it won't be plain sailing but i do think we're putting a decent side together.

On 14 August 2016 at 12:41, 1958Villan said:

Jedinak probably has less than two seasons left in his legs. Yesterday he reportedly had a good first half but, his second half performance was jaded and pedestrian.  Hardly what we need, besides there are younger players who are captain material.

Diawara hasn't had any preseason, so he'd be two months behind fitness wise if he was signed today. Can we really afford to have a player who wouldn't be fit to play for two to three months?

Morrison is hardly the type of player who fits the criteria laid down for incoming purchases.

Hull have nobody in place to deal with transfers, either in or out, so Hernandez is a no-go.

I for one, am unsure about De Laet, simply because he seems to be the perpetual loan player.

What do you do, when you're not haunting houses?

• Like 2

N'Doye sounds like a more realistic championship signing, he's from a French league where he's captain and I've never heard of him, so he definitely fits the bill.

Diawara is unrealistic and I feel like the Jedinak transfer has gone on a little too long after confirmed interest, so I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking at other options either to hurry it up, or because it's fallen through. 

Just now, skarroki said:

N'Doye sounds like a more realistic championship signing, he's from a French league where he's captain and I've never heard of him, so he definitely fits the bill.

Diawara is unrealistic and I feel like the Jedinak transfer has gone on a little too long after confirmed interest, so I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking at other options either to hurry it up, or because it's fallen through. 

Jedinak will sign tomorrow.

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Jedinak is all done, just awaiting work permit according to all reports now. 

Diawara is a long shot, but never say never. I agree that this N'Doye chap may well be more realistic. 

Just now, villan-scott said:

Jedinak is all done, just awaiting work permit according to all reports now. 

Diawara is a long shot, but never say never. I agree that this N'Doye chap may well be more realistic. 

Forget how realistic he is......what are his jumpers like?

• Like 2

Would N'Doye get a work permit?

30 y.o with only 9 caps for Senegal. (Behind Gana in the pecking order at midfield.) 

If selected, off to the African Cup of Nations in January...

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Oh I agree it won't be plain sailing but i do think we're putting a decent side together.

It's refreshing to see signings being made that are exactly what I think we need.

It may take a while for a decent side to develop though...I just hope we give rdm time to oversee it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Would N'Doye get a work permit?

30 y.o with only 9 caps for Senegal. (Behind Gana in the pecking order at midfield.) 

If selected, off to the African Cup of Nations in January...

He's played a lot in France so he might have dual nationality by now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

What's irritating as a supporter is that we are now assembling a team that probably would of stayed up last season. We potentially have a very solid CB partnership. Hopefully a new RB. Jedinak and Tshibola would be solid, + we look far more creative than last season. But then again it's all relative. If we had to of stayed up and Lerner didn't sell we would be worse off. The old cliche of taking a step back to go forward springs to mind.

Totally agree. Whilst the media will trumpet about the PL being the highest quality league in the world it is still a league where you can go an awful long way with average players who have heart and commitment and are well organised with a plan. . Christ Leicester even won the blinking thing with those principles. 

There are a heck of a lot of "small" clubs flourishing in the PL when looking down the leagues you have teams like us Wolves,  Newcastle Leeds Sheffield Wednesday,  Derby,  Forest,  all bigger clubs than many in the PL but have got it wrong for years. 

This is where people like Randy don't get it. You stick with Lambert too long when things are clearly not right on or off the pitch,  hand new contracts to underperformed players,  don't get rid of poisonous players,  appoint unknown untested managers it all adds up to a disaster...  when you can spend much less money on players whith a bit of heart and fight and a reliable manager known for pulling players together and plod along nicely for years with the occasional high spot. 

Unfortunately until Xia came in this is what we should have been aiming for just to stabilize for a few years. Hopefully now we have that PLUS a ton of cash to get better quality players and that is when special things can happen. 

Man united had been drifting along as also runs for a couple of decades before Fergie came in and instilled his will and his methodology on that club,  which fortunately for them was just at the right time when all things in football changed.  Their potential was obviously always there but he took them out of Liverpools shadow and turned them into what they now are. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

There is a definite lack of links to young or promising Chinese players this window.

I have no doubt there are plans in place and work going on in the background to make this happen at some stage.